Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12/15 ipros prop on non tuned spark

Has anyone run the 12/15 impros props on a stock spark? I'm looking to purchase the Riva cold air intake, Riva intake manifold upgrade, Riva Full flow exhaust.. and possibly the Top loader grate (if recommended). NO TUNE. Which prop makes most sense without tune? 12/15 12/14 or 12/17?

thanks

It's useless to buy all that other stuff without the ECU tune. You'll spend far less on a one-time tune (from someone other than v-tech) and gain way more than all that intake and exhaust. I think I've even read that the stock ECU will just compensate out the intake/exhaust changes completely. I just bought my Trixx, and I'm getting the 110 tune from Racelab ($200) with the 12/15 impeller from Impros after doing some research here. I will also do ribbon delete next time I separate the top. $200 for 22% power increase seems too good to be true! And seems the 110hp tune has proven reliable with hundreds of hours logged on the tune.

As far as the FF exhaust mods, the consensus for most skis seems to be that it does nothing but make noise unless you're highly boosted. I won't run an exposed air filter because I wash down the engine bay generously after riding in salt water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonUF02 View Post
    It's useless to buy all that other stuff without the ECU tune. You'll spend far less on a one-time tune (from someone other than v-tech) and gain way more than all that intake and exhaust. I think I've even read that the stock ECU will just compensate out the intake/exhaust changes completely. I just bought my Trixx, and I'm getting the 110 tune from Racelab ($200) with the 12/15 impeller from Impros after doing some research here. I will also do ribbon delete next time I separate the top. $200 for 22% power increase seems too good to be true! And seems the 110hp tune has proven reliable with hundreds of hours logged on the tune.

As far as the FF exhaust mods, the consensus for most skis seems to be that it does nothing but make noise unless you're highly boosted. I won't run an exposed air filter because I wash down the engine bay generously after riding in salt water.
    What he said!

No point doing all that without a tune.

Tune first!!
    Impeller 2nd
    Sponsens 3rd
    Everything after that is not much gain for the $$$'s
    With that said....
    Rideplate 4th
    Billet steering w/ wider bars 5th
    This is far as I went.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEH2O View Post
    Tune first!!
    Impeller 2nd
    Sponsens 3rd
    Everything after that is not much gain for the $$$'s
    With that said....
    Rideplate 4th
    Billet steering w/ wider bars 5th
    This is far as I went.
    My goal is not speed, but to make it fun to toss around. The Trixx steering is an easy change, and should accommodate other bars if you like.

As far as the sponsons, can you confirm if placing them in the upmost position would give it more "slide" than stock sponsons? Looking for experience with this. Thanks

+1
    I did mine slightly differently - 12/17 prop first because I didn't have much spare cash. Worx bars and intake grate 2nd.
    Meant I got more hole shot without having to spend a fortune.
    Then I saved up a shitload and got the exhaust, cold air intake, 12/15 prop and tune all at once.
    and holy shit did it make a difference.

My only concern with the tune has been voiding the waranty. It’s easy for me to remove the intake and exhaust if something happened. I understand that the maptuner can be used to flash back to factory settings but can anyone say with confidence that the dealer is unable to see that a tune was ever used? Also would I need to purchase the maptuner brp home service application to do the reset and clear any fault codes prior to the reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by CODYGENKOS View Post
    My only concern with the tune has been voiding the waranty. It’s easy for me to remove the intake and exhaust if something happened. I understand that the maptuner can be used to flash back to factory settings but can anyone say with confidence that the dealer is unable to see that a tune was ever used? Also would I need to purchase the maptuner brp home service application to do the reset and clear any fault codes prior to the reflash?
    If I was worried about warranty, then just go for the impeller, maybe remove the ribbon when you crack it open. The other option may be to find a dealer that is willing to do a tune and support you if any issues.

I bought a 2017 used with 40 hours a few weeks ago, I think it has some warranty left, but I've never been a warranty person, I buy all my vehicles used. I can't stand taking the hit on a new vehicle, and all the stupid fees the dealers charge. I paid $5500 + ~$360 in tax and reg for the 2017 Trixx on a nice aluminum trailer. It also has storage bin, rear step, OEM cover, hydro-turf, and a stereo system installed. I saw a 2018 leftover advertised for $4999, so I called and got a OTD quote of $7900 without any trailer or accessories. Add all that and you're paying almost $10K, seems silly to me to pay nearly double over a 1yr old ski.

It also really annoys me that BRP does not give you any way to reset a simple maintenance light. Changing oil is not rocket science, and I'm not paying $300 for it at a dealer so they can reset the idiot light.

+1
    warranty was another reason i waited for the tune and just got an impeller to start.
    my warranty is over now so i'm all tuned up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CODYGENKOS View Post
    It cannot be seen.

You just need to flash back to factory tune and rev the ski to reset the RPM profile, assuming your ski makes more RPM with the tune than it would at stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information