Thread: Ultra 310 AFR

Ultra 310 AFR

Just looking at fitting an afr meter on the 310, is the impact racing plate the best way to do it? And does it work well? Instructions say sensor should be directly in the exhaust.
    is the water issue with the sensors failing quickly from the jacket in the manifold where you drill through leaking onto the sensor? If so would it not be possible to put a sleeve through first and then put the sensor into the sleeve?

+1
    There should be zero water contact, it will kill the sensor very quickly.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    When you install it in the boss on the down pipe .... it is directly into the exhaust , but just the design of the exhaust can get moisture in the sensor pretty easy...... definitely dont turn the heater circuit off is a trick that I found that helps them last a bit longer..... the Impact plate is OK , you will see better life..... are you tuning it yourself ?
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 02-20-2019 at 10:53 PM.

I was looking at antons way under the manifold which dosent go through any waterways, only down side is that you have to drill 2 sensor holes and then take 2 readings and get the average from both lots of cylinders so it’s not perfect.
    i will be tuning myself not within the ecu but just setting up the fuel with an adjustable pressure regulator the ecu has a mild tune on but nothing to much.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    I was looking at antons way under the manifold which dosent go through any waterways, only down side is that you have to drill 2 sensor holes and then take 2 readings and get the average from both lots of cylinders so it’s not perfect.
    i will be tuning myself not within the ecu but just setting up the fuel with an adjustable pressure regulator the ecu has a mild tune on but nothing to much.
    when you say setting up the fuel pressure.....
    I hope your not trying to adjust AFR via F/Pressure , as that is the most hopeless outdated way to try and adjust AFR

Injectors need a certain pressure # to spray / work correctly , other than using a rising rate to maintain said number pressure limit , If your not adjusting the injector signal via the ECU your not really tuning , your just lighting the fuse on a bomb.

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    when you say setting up the fuel pressure.....
    I hope your not trying to adjust AFR via F/Pressure , as that is the most hopeless outdated way to try and adjust AFR

Injectors need a certain pressure # to spray / work correctly , other than using a rising rate to maintain said number pressure limit , If your not adjusting the injector signal via the ECU your not really tuning , your just lighting the fuse on a bomb.

Waz
    who is tuning the ECU's now that R&D Has gone out of business?

I guess the only affordable way to alter injector signal is using the maptuner with an edit license aswell or ask riva to alter for you.
    what aboutbsay running the stock ecu with scom but then adding a smaller pulley, would that require the injector pulse altering or the pressure! Or both?

Only really riva as the main one but you also have some local smaller guys doing tunes.

Thread Information