Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Exhaust opinions

Currently building stage 2 gp1800. Next on my list is exhaust. Wanted to get some opinions on the riva waterbox or waterbox delete pipe. I do want the ski loud that's just how I am but not sure which to go with

+1
    Do you want to the loud or best performance? Riva, modded stock waterbox, or stock. Straight pipe isn't going to help performance my Understanding is these motors like a little back pressure.

Exhaust Mods brings no Performance at all...it is to loud and its a lot Stress for other People... Other when you build an big HP Race Ski and you need an free flow exhaust but on an Stage 1 or 2 it gains nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Exhaust Mods brings no Performance at all...it is to loud and its a lot Stress for other People... Other when you build an big HP Race Ski and you need an free flow exhaust but on an Stage 1 or 2 it gains nothing....

I know I wont gain much performance from doing the exhaust. Honestly just looking to make it loud and sound good

ok then go with an Rear Exhaust an an open Waterbox....

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterw View Post
    ... just looking to make it loud and sound good
    These are different things, and often opposing.
    Last edited by K447; 02-16-2019 at 11:37 PM.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I just did the tommy Jordan exhaust mod sound great no drone

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterw View Post
    I know I wont gain much performance from doing the exhaust. Honestly just looking to make it loud and sound good
    I am not being mean In my reply to your statement but, you are only thinking of yourself and not what the people or the environment of animal`s would with your sound and vacationers are not wanting to hear you coming and going, or people wishing to fish and relax on their boaters.
    It`s also going to get old fast if, it does. It may bring unwanted attention remember, you have numbers on your ski and if they want to trump up charges on you { you were in a no wake zone making wake} the people will get their point across to you one way or the other. When you get the ticket in your mail and go to court if you want to fight it after, a couple of times and shelling out money for fines, { remember, that you really did not truly incurred.} you will think twice. When you don't pay the ticket regardless if you are from NC or not they revoke your drivers license in the state you live in.

I know in my area the Rangers would pull you over and issue you a ticket for sound level and if you are over 60 mph that's another ticket and if it`s a 2 cycle engine there's another. You get the point?

Again nothing meant derogatory here, just want you to think of the other side of your possible actions. Besides, the exhaust mod is not going to make your ski any faster. I would put the money in a ECU Reflash if you want some oooo`s Haaa`s and some double takes from on lookers as you pass them by on their ski. Now that's saying something. Think about it, and let me know what you decided, I have a feeling of what you are all ready going to do. Lol Lol

Love the colors of your ski, I have the same on my FX-SVHO

Take care and have fun on the water with your new ski.

CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-17-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    I am not being mean In my reply to your statement but, you are only thinking of yourself and not what the people or the environment of animal`s would with your sound and vacationers are not wanting to hear you coming and going, or people wishing to fish and relax on their boaters.
    It`s also going to get old fast if, it does. It may bring unwanted attention remember, you have numbers on your ski and if they want to trump up charges on you { you were in a no wake zone making wake} the people will get their point across to you one way or the other. When you get the ticket in your mail and go to court if you want to fight it after, a couple of times and shelling out money for fines, { remember, that you really did not truly incurred.} you will think twice.

I know in my area the Rangers would pull you over and issue you a ticket for sound level and if you are over 60 mph that's another ticket and if it`s a 2 cycle engine there's another. You get the point?

Again nothing meant derogatory here, just want you to think of the other side of your possible actions. Besides, the exhaust mod is not going to make your ski any faster. I would put the money in a ECU Reflash if you want some oooo`s Haaa`s and some double takes from on lookers as you pass them by on their ski. Now that's saying something. Think about it, and let me know what you decided, I have a feeling of what you are all ready going to do. Lol Lol

Love the colors of your ski, I have the same on my FX-SVHO

Take care and have fun on the water with your new ski.

CJ
    A ticket for over 60? A speed limit on the water?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information