Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Kawasaki has the least amount viewing

A typical day I see 160 viewing our Kawa sub 350-600 on the other brands. Why is that? Are they more popular? Less expensive to fix/buy/maintain? My understanding of Kawasaki is super expensive to replace stuff when it breaks. But I can't imagine for example.. a Supercharged Yama would be dammed expensive... same as an Ultra would be.. it's all relatively the same. What is your thoughts? I'm curious to know!

+1
    Kawasaki has a pretty small share of the market. They invented the 'JetSki' in the 1070s, but they have slowly let competitors overtake them.

SeaDoo has been the innovator, always the first to bring new features to market. They have also had the most problems (by far, in my opinion) because they don't seem to test their products before they offer them for sale. My complaint with Yamaha is that they make them so damn hard to work on! Kawasaki seems to be slow to bring out new stuff, but when they do it's more of a quantum leap (and not so well tested, either). In perusing the various forums, it appears that the SeaDoo and Yamaha guys are much more into modding their 'Skis than the Kawasaki guys. Not sure why that is.

Great information. This definitely makes sense. I will agree - Kawasaki is definitely behind the times but what they have works well and is very reliable. This much I know first hand. And like you say the other two PWC options offer all sorts of stuff but have there own issues. I guess it's all relative

+1
    The Kawasaki forums also seen to suffer from more "post & ghost" Where the OP asks a question , it gets answered, and the OP is never heard from again. So that also reduces detail post threads because we never know if the OP's issue or question was resoved so threads just die.

As for modding Kawi's three was a big mod community in the 2 stroke days (me included and still do) but it seems the 4 stroke community is too small for aftermarkets to go big like they do with Yamaha and Seadoo.

Yeah I've noticed. Wish there were was a way to boost up the Kawasaki forums. I try and be active as possible myself personally!

+1
    They have 4% market share. That’s it. Barely in the business at all. It’s remarkable that there are as many posts as there are....a real credit to the loyal 4%

+1
    Where have you been, WaterDR? I expected to see you respond the first day!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Where have you been, WaterDR? I expected to see you respond the first day!
    Funny....I frankly think that if the Kawi forum is half as active as the others with such a small market share, that tells a different story that what the OP was thinking.

Frankly, the high vast number of users don’t post on these forums. They are either rental machines or just normal family usage. So it would seem that the much few Kawi owners as an average must be a lot more focused on performance issues, understanding their machines and having very strong brand loyalty.

If Kawi actually decided to grow the brand they might be surprised at how successful they could. But again...they were essentially absent from the Minneapolis boat show. Hardly a bench test...but it does tend to say they are not interested in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Funny....I frankly think that if the Kawi forum is half as active as the others with such a small market share, that tells a different story that what the OP was thinking.

Frankly, the high vast number of users donít post on these forums. They are either rental machines or just normal family usage. So it would seem that the much few Kawi owners as an average must be a lot more focused on performance issues, understanding their machines and having very strong brand loyalty.

If Kawi actually decided to grow the brand they might be surprised at how successful they could. But again...they were essentially absent from the Minneapolis boat show. Hardly a bench test...but it does tend to say they are not interested in the market.
    You say 4% and I truly feel that is the case. I am loyal to the brand and have owned ATVs and Motorcycles. Naturally went to a Kawa ski due to my experience owning other things they make. It really is a shame they haven't decided to up the game and get into the market.. maybe they're preparing for a pullout of the market altogether like Honda, Polaris and whoever I might have missed. I am relatively new to Jetski ownership. And based on my research the STX-15F had the most reliable, Non-Boosted scale out of everything on the market. It was also an open loop cooling system and easy to work on based on my findings.

I've also read that Sea-Doo and Yamaha have their own issues but have a lot more market share like you said.. because they've innovated and changed design etc to stay current and keep peoples interest.

Personally like I said - I purchased my Kawasaki skis based off brand reliability and loyalty, the cost to own and long term ownership. So far at two years old and some seriously hard seasons behind them and @ 70 hours. They're absolutely great machines.

+1
    I've heard that the power sports industry is really getting worried about the millennial generation. It seems that far too many millennials would rather play computer games than play on a motorcycle, ATV, PWC, snowmobile, etc.

I've been flying for 45 years and the aviation industry has seen a severe drop in the number of new student pilots over the years.

It's really a shame because a lot of significant strides have been made in the last decade or so. Low emission engines, vast improvements in electronics and automation, etc. Generally speaking, recreational products have never been better, but interest is waning.

Both industries are expensive, and while some millennials are doing very well financially, far too many are apparently not making enough to move out on their own. Don't know what we can do to reverse the trend.

Yamaha is introducing their first boat to break the $100K barrier this year. In fact, they've got one that lists for $130K. Frankly, I just can't see that being the least bit reasonable, but I'm sure some people will pay it. It will be interesting to see how it does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information