Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

+1
    OP must have one of them new Sea Doo Fish Pro's. I hear they are pretty good at trolling.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Strangest thread I've ever been a part of on GH. Images from the service manual were posted with exact figures and numbers and the guy refused to accept it. Real logs of exhaust temperatures posted but nope, does not believe it and thinks internal combustion motors exhaust is no hotter than 200F.

He's probably one of those that don't believe the moon landing happened and the twin towers was an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Strangest thread I've ever been a part of on GH. Images from the service manual were posted with exact figures and numbers and the guy refused to accept it. Real logs of exhaust temperatures posted but nope, does not believe it and thinks internal combustion motors exhaust is no hotter than 200F.

He's probably one of those that don't believe the moon landing happened and the twin towers was an inside job.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

5. +1 by:

+1
    Wise person once said. You can land a space shuttle on the sun.. only if you go at night.

Running Seadoo out of the water with no hose, received exhaust temperature warning

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    This is s video the op has on his YouTube channel calling testa pretending to be a billionaire.
    This dude is seriously messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanNV View Post
    Hey no offense but maybe you can't really read? I asked a specific question... no one really answered my question. Then Mr. Volcano and his friend started copy and pasting images from google search that had no application to my question. Then when I asked for their source, they bullshitted where they even read it.

I had to freaking read 4 manuals today to prove these 2 clowns wrong.

I thought maybe we have a Seadoo engineer on the forum who actually designed this ski who could answer specific technical questions, not armchair quarterbacks.
    Roman,

I am not the person that designed the Sea Doo system, but I am an engineer, and I designed the Candoopro system hardware that monitors various engine parameters on these engines, and I have extensive knowledge about sensors in the automotive industry.

I am not sure if you are simply yanking people's chains on purpose, but if you are not, let me explain that the others in this forum are right, and you are completely wrong. What you apparently don't understand is the difference between temperature and heat. In short, temperature is technically an instantaneous measurement whereas heat is the measurement of changing the temperature of something over a time period. The typical exhaust temperature in these engines is indeed in the 1,000 deg F range, actually likely in the 800 degree at idle range to 1,500 on the SC engines at WOT. This is the reason that these engines have cooled exhaust manifold jackets, and water injection at the inlet of the water box, which is where the exhaust gas temp sensor is located.

Although the exhaust temp is very hot, it takes time to heat up things. The EGTS has some mass to it, so it takes time for the hot exhaust to heat it up to its critical overheat value of 230 deg F. As you have found, this is accelerated by revving up the throttle. Think of the candle trick most of us learn as kids. The temperature of the candle flame is around 3,000 deg F, yet you can swipe your finger safely through the flame back and forth. The water injection is required to keep the exhaust gas temp low as to not overheat the downstream components as well as prevent undue heating of the inside of the engine cavity.

Just FYI, manuals change every year, but the admonishments about running the ski without water to cool the exhaust are in every manual. As others have said, you should not ever run your ski for more than a few seconds without adding cooling water.

+1
    This thread did 2 things. Gave me a headache and made damn sure I'll never buy a used ski unless I knew who it came from....

Wow!!!! What a thread. That guy is one of those who should not own a watercraft or anything that has a motor. Stick with the stock market. Don't use a tool unless it is a pen or computer. That old saying fits " Can't fix stupid"!!!!!!!

+1
    9 pages in and counting.

13. +1 by:

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information