Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    Whats the part part number stamped on the prop?
    Not on the part number I'd have to remove it to see it I think


  2. #12
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,610
    +1
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by TxVirageTx View Post
    202

    Yes thats what its it’s supposed to be. But the real question is which prop is actually on the ski. Then again the 202 prop does suck on the bottom end

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    Yes thats what its itís supposed to be. But the real question is which prop is actually on the ski. Then again the 202 prop does suck on the bottom end
    What would be a good one to give it more grab? I just cant understand why the stock 1050 we have takes off better and pulls out of a spin better than this one

  4. #14
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,610
    +1
    1,535
    You really need to check the whole jet pump unit. Any damage on the impeller or stator? Ride plate properly sealed? Until you disassemble this and look at everything it’s all just speculation. If everything is in proper order it should perform at least as well as the 1050 and probably better

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    You really need to check the whole jet pump unit. Any damage on the impeller or stator? Ride plate properly sealed? Until you disassemble this and look at everything itís all just speculation. If everything is in proper order it should perform at least as well as the 1050 and probably better
    When I looked in the fall before putting it away the ride plate appeared to be on properly and I liked the the clearances in the just pump and they seemed to be good but I think I'd like to switch to some kind of solas impeller and just put all new bearings on the jet pump while I'm at it. What's the best impeller to get for one of these machines to get good hook up in the water?

  6. #16
    casey67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lemont,IL
    Posts
    2,991
    +1
    62
    202 with 0.010 clearance and a sealed ride plate.

  7. #17
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,547
    +1
    48
    How well is the engine running? Does it seem to rev up good, and the ski just doesn't seem to respond to it well?

    Is there any signs of rubber pieces where the drive shaft goes into the engine?

    If the engine doesn't seem responsive, have you done a compression test?

    Have you looked at your piston wash?

    I think someone asked earlier, but are your accelerator pumps working on the carbs?

    Please verify what impeller is installed on your ski.

    Unless your dad's 1050 had some modification work done to it, that 1200 should have no problem outperforming it

  8. #18
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,610
    +1
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by frostysnowman1993 View Post
    When I looked in the fall before putting it away the ride plate appeared to be on properly and I liked the the clearances in the just pump and they seemed to be good but I think I'd like to switch to some kind of solas impeller and just put all new bearings on the jet pump while I'm at it. What's the best impeller to get for one of these machines to get good hook up in the water?
    I like the Polaris 707 prop for all around use. It may be a hair slower on top end than the 202 but the low and mid range hook up are night and day better. I never liked the 202 prop

  9. +1 by:


  10. #19
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,912
    +1
    499
    707 is the best all around prop.i believe the 01 slx had it.

  11. +1 by:


  12. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    How well is the engine running? Does it seem to rev up good, and the ski just doesn't seem to respond to it well?

    Is there any signs of rubber pieces where the drive shaft goes into the engine?

    If the engine doesn't seem responsive, have you done a compression test?

    Have you looked at your piston wash?

    I think someone asked earlier, but are your accelerator pumps working on the carbs?

    Please verify what impeller is installed on your ski.

    Unless your dad's 1050 had some modification work done to it, that 1200 should have no problem outperforming it
    The engine seem to run great it just sounds like its revving high and not making any connection on spins or take off I believe everything in terms of the motor and carbs are fine I think, the compression is good also. I'd just like to put some money in the machine to make it go better. As for impeller I havent been able to check what is on it currently because I have it stored right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 Polaris pro 1200 a few issues
    By sltfan777 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2016, 10:50 AM
  2. FS Fs. 2001 Polaris pro 1200
    By polarisman01 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:04 PM
  3. Selling polaris pro 1200 and pro 785 2001 and 2000
    By polaris pro 1200 mods in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM
  4. WTB - Parts looking for a factory polaris cover for my 97 pro 785 and 2001 pro 1200
    By 1998PRO785HO in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM
  5. 2001 Polaris Pro 1200
    By Derwood98 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •