Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    Whats the part part number stamped on the prop?
    Not on the part number I'd have to remove it to see it I think

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxVirageTx View Post

Yes thats what its it’s supposed to be. But the real question is which prop is actually on the ski. Then again the 202 prop does suck on the bottom end

Yes thats what its itís supposed to be. But the real question is which prop is actually on the ski. Then again the 202 prop does suck on the bottom end
    What would be a good one to give it more grab? I just cant understand why the stock 1050 we have takes off better and pulls out of a spin better than this one

+1
    You really need to check the whole jet pump unit. Any damage on the impeller or stator? Ride plate properly sealed? Until you disassemble this and look at everything it’s all just speculation. If everything is in proper order it should perform at least as well as the 1050 and probably better

You really need to check the whole jet pump unit. Any damage on the impeller or stator? Ride plate properly sealed? Until you disassemble this and look at everything itís all just speculation. If everything is in proper order it should perform at least as well as the 1050 and probably better
    When I looked in the fall before putting it away the ride plate appeared to be on properly and I liked the the clearances in the just pump and they seemed to be good but I think I'd like to switch to some kind of solas impeller and just put all new bearings on the jet pump while I'm at it. What's the best impeller to get for one of these machines to get good hook up in the water?

+1
    202 with 0.010 clearance and a sealed ride plate.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    How well is the engine running? Does it seem to rev up good, and the ski just doesn't seem to respond to it well?

Is there any signs of rubber pieces where the drive shaft goes into the engine?

If the engine doesn't seem responsive, have you done a compression test?

Have you looked at your piston wash?

I think someone asked earlier, but are your accelerator pumps working on the carbs?

Please verify what impeller is installed on your ski.

Unless your dad's 1050 had some modification work done to it, that 1200 should have no problem outperforming it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by frostysnowman1993 View Post
    When I looked in the fall before putting it away the ride plate appeared to be on properly and I liked the the clearances in the just pump and they seemed to be good but I think I'd like to switch to some kind of solas impeller and just put all new bearings on the jet pump while I'm at it. What's the best impeller to get for one of these machines to get good hook up in the water?
    I like the Polaris 707 prop for all around use. It may be a hair slower on top end than the 202 but the low and mid range hook up are night and day better. I never liked the 202 prop

9. +1 by:

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    707 is the best all around prop.i believe the 01 slx had it.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    How well is the engine running? Does it seem to rev up good, and the ski just doesn't seem to respond to it well?

Is there any signs of rubber pieces where the drive shaft goes into the engine?

If the engine doesn't seem responsive, have you done a compression test?

Have you looked at your piston wash?

I think someone asked earlier, but are your accelerator pumps working on the carbs?

Please verify what impeller is installed on your ski.

Unless your dad's 1050 had some modification work done to it, that 1200 should have no problem outperforming it
    The engine seem to run great it just sounds like its revving high and not making any connection on spins or take off I believe everything in terms of the motor and carbs are fine I think, the compression is good also. I'd just like to put some money in the machine to make it go better. As for impeller I havent been able to check what is on it currently because I have it stored right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information