damage noticed after delivery

Never posted about this but curious about solutions. I purchased 2 wave runners last year, an FX-HO and VX cruiser.
    After taking out of the water I noticed scrapes on the bottom of both hulls. They definitely look like damage from a forklift. Both in the same spot (back bottom) perfectly straight lines toward the front. The FX is definitely worse as the a small part of the hull is exposed. No cracks or holes, just scrapes. I live in New York so skis are both winterized. A friend of mine has a top end body shop and I asked if he could repair them. He says he would be willing to try but the hardest part will be lifting them while painting.
    Is there any advice for this ex. should I even bother, yes definitely or some other advice. He says he would call yamaha and get tech support from them.
    Really sucks I didn't notice it before pickup but in the excitement when I picked them up with my 10 year old i never looked. I did mention to yamaha about it so there is a record with them.

+1
    Bummer! I'd be going back to the dealer, but at this point, you may not really have a case.

They should NEVER use a forklift on the bottom of a Waverunner! Every dealer should have a sling that goes over the top which allows a forklift to pick them up by the gunwales.

+1
    I have never seen a dealer use a forklift just slings. Regardless, after a rides it will look way worse.

yeah I know. I had it happen on a new car once and refused delivery. Either way it was the last 2 in my area, as was a late decision to buy. But I should have seen it. Now I tell everyone I know buying to check. My friend thinks it will good, however it never should have happened. I may call yamaha and see what they say. It was reported to them.
    In the end it is on me.

+1
    Are you sure it's not the bunks on your trailer? the paint Yamaha uses under these skis scratch real easy!

6. +1 by:

Definitely not. Where the damage is it never touches the bunks. Called Yamaha, they suggested calling dealer. Did that and they were were real nice and said bring it in to be evaluated. So will do and see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lungs414 View Post
    Never posted about this but curious about solutions. I purchased 2 wave runners last year, an FX-HO and VX cruiser.
    After taking out of the water I noticed scrapes on the bottom of both hulls. They definitely look like damage from a forklift. Both in the same spot (back bottom) perfectly straight lines toward the front. The FX is definitely worse as the a small part of the hull is exposed. No cracks or holes, just scrapes. I live in New York so skis are both winterized. A friend of mine has a top end body shop and I asked if he could repair them. He says he would be willing to try but the hardest part will be lifting them while painting.
    Is there any advice for this ex. should I even bother, yes definitely or some other advice. He says he would call yamaha and get tech support from them.
    Really sucks I didn't notice it before pickup but in the excitement when I picked them up with my 10 year old i never looked. I did mention to yamaha about it so there is a record with them.
    Same here. Dollies with bad carpet. Dealer paid to have bottom sprayed. My guy laid my ski on blanket and just turned it over and sprayed half of the hull at a time.

Good news for me. Dealer is repairing, just dropped them off. No argument at all. Says the damage is from the crates during shipping, happens a lot. As long as it is repaired properly.

Thread Information