Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

2019 Waverunner FX HO Faults and Facts !!!

Hello guys would be interested too hear from others who own 2019 FX's what faults, facts and Fixes they are dealing with ?

- Main fuel gauge on most FX HO's are completely unusable show empty and alarm after about 30L (still 55% full) Luckily you can look on another screen and the litres used function is very accurate when compared to post ride fuel fill up.
    - (Not sure about mine yet due to continual rough weather) but being told that the maximum speed is showing on the ski as 100 but in reality high 80's are all the 2019 can manage, not capable of the advertised 101 maximum.
    - Spits fuel when filling, has to be fuelled painfully slow.
    - Pre-release advertising showed the FX HO had a USB power source in the glove box but this is not the case it can be purchased for $150 and installed for more $$$ )))

But over all pretty happy and I'm sure Yamaha will provide warranty and Support etc

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by #Andy_GBR View Post
    Hello guys would be interested too hear from others who own 2019 FX's what faults, facts and Fixes they are dealing with ?

- Main fuel gauge on most FX HO's are completely unusable show empty and alarm after about 30L (still 55% full) Luckily you can look on another screen and the litres used function is very accurate when compared to post ride fuel fill up.
    - (Not sure about mine yet due to continual rough weather) but being told that the maximum speed is showing on the ski as 100 but in reality high 80's are all the 2019 can manage, not capable of the advertised 101 maximum.
    - Pre-release advertising showed the FX HO had a USB power source in the glove box but this is not the case it can be purchased for $150 and installed for more $$$ )))

But over all pretty happy and I'm sure Yamaha will provide warranty and Support etc
    Thanks for the comments. I have an SVHO on the way. The fuel gauge issue seems like a hassle but perhaps a programming issue or an issue with just thisbone machine.

only the limited models have the usb. But for under $50 you can buy everything you new need and install it. It’s a pretty simple install. I did it on my VX.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by #Andy_GBR View Post
    ... 2019 FX ...

... being told that the maximum speed is showing on the ski as 100 but in reality high 80's are all the 2019 can manage, not capable of the advertised 101 maximum.

Where is the maximum speed being ‘advertised’ as 101? Link?
    I presume this is metric, kilometers per hour?

The SVHO model certainly is capable of much faster than 100 km/h top speed, so I would expect the digital dash to show speeds well above 100 in metric. I suppose it is possible Yamaha programs the dash differently on HO models to limit maximum speed display, or even somehow limits engine power (speed limiter).

+1
    The external fuel filler location on the 2019 FX does seem to be excessively low on the side of the deck. Quite close to the waterline, which seems dumb. More risk of water splashing in during on water refueling (marina fuel dock, or while using portable fuel cans with waves present).

Apparently the very low filler cap location also means the internal hose to the tank is nearly horizontal. Hence the problem with fuel burping back during filling. I expect wave rocking might aggravate this problem.

I do prefer a fuel filler location that is not underneath the lid for front storage (so storage hatch does not need to be open during refueling) but I would also prefer the filler cap to be located fairly high, somewhere just forward of the handlebars. Easier to access while sitting on the seat or standing on a dock (again, both marina refilling and using portable fuel cans while on the water), and a high filler position would minimize problems with fuel burp out.

My take is that Yamaha did not properly design the fuel filler location on the 2019 FX. It is positioned too low. And probably too far forward to easily reach from the seat.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EAD5E143-1F46-4D45-B371-49766F9D5630.jpg 
Views:	1959 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	444506  
    Last edited by K447; 02-08-2019 at 05:08 PM.

+1
    I am just glad you don’t have to open the hood to access it. But I guess I see your point about it being so low.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I don’t think you should be refuelling while seated . It’s not something that you can say is a “design fault “ .

+1
    I hate fueling it, so slow!

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I don’t think you should be refuelling while seated ...
    Riders who carry extra fuel for distance rides, sometimes need to refuel while afloat.

And some marina fuel docks are so high up that the rider needs to handle the fuel nozzle, while on board.

+1
    Also seems the speed is as accurate as previous despite the new tangled touch screen (how are you getting on with it? I could use it...) the speed is still not god but crappy paddle wheel?

unles the fuel sender is all new accuracy will be as bad as previous models....

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I have an SVHO on the way. The fuel gauge issue seems like a hassle but perhaps a programming issue or an issue with just thisbone machine.

only the limited models have the usb. But for under $50 you can buy everything you new need and install it. It’s a pretty simple install. I did it on my VX.

We don't have the limited model in Australia only the FX and FX Cruiser the USB is advertised as included, in Australia the USB kit is $150 plus instillation for something listed as included !

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information