Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Where is the maximum speed being ‘advertised’ as 101? Link?
    I presume this is metric, kilometers per hour?

The SVHO model certainly is capable of much faster than 100 km/h top speed, so I would expect the digital dash to show speeds well above 100 in metric. I suppose it is possible Yamaha programs the dash differently on HO models to limit maximum speed display, or even somehow limits engine power (speed limiter).

Specifications are listed in multiple places but in the showroom it is listed on the price / Information boards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9224.jpg 
Views:	969 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	444553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	444554  

Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Also seems the speed is as accurate as previous despite the new tangled touch screen (how are you getting on with it? I could use it...) the speed is still not god but crappy paddle wheel?

unles the fuel sender is all new accuracy will be as bad as previous models....
    There is no paddle wheel / Spindle on the 2019 FX range, its not GPS either just a computer generated speed from an algorithm from engine data.
    The speed issue is far from what the 2018 models could go 2018 could produce around 104 mph now the 2019 can only do 90 KMPH ???

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Where is the maximum speed being ‘advertised’ as 101? Link?
    I presume this is metric, kilometers per hour?

The SVHO model certainly is capable of much faster than 100 km/h top speed, so I would expect the digital dash to show speeds well above 100 in metric. I suppose it is possible Yamaha programs the dash differently on HO models to limit maximum speed display, or even somehow limits engine power (speed limiter).
    Not a dash display issue as when a GPS is used it reads the same it is not producing the advertised top end speed.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I have an SVHO on the way. The fuel gauge issue seems like a hassle but perhaps a programming issue or an issue with just thisbone machine.

only the limited models have the usb. But for under $50 you can buy everything you new need and install it. It’s a pretty simple install. I did it on my VX.

No not only my machine I'm in contact with two other Australian owners of this model and the problems have also been confirmed by the dealer and a Yamaha rep.
    The response from Yamaha is a bit staring stating this speed is correct and what is expected but the advertising is 101kmph and also stated as same engine as last years model which can produce 104 mph ???

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by #Andy_GBR View Post
    Specifications are listed in multiple places but in the showroom it is listed on the price / Information boards.

Well, that chart lists the SHO engine, which has not been sold in several years.
    Is the chart supposed to be accurate for the current year and Yamaha models?

The older VX hull, from before 2015, is known to be faster than the current VX generation hull. If that chart is using old data then it is not going to be useful.

The HO engine is used in several models and hulls. Which hull/model is that chart for?

Is that an official Yamaha chart or something a dealer put together?

+1
    You should be getting 60 to 62 MPH on that machine which is about 100 kph. Have you checked with a GPS?

This is Yamaha literature from Australia biggest Yamaha Waverunner dealer and is for the current model, what is highlighted is the column for the 2019 FXHO not the SHO at all.

The models / hulls are listed across the top the one highlighted is the 2019 FXHO thought that was pretty clearly expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    You should be getting 60 to 62 MPH on that machine which is about 100 kph. Have you checked with a GPS?
    Yes mate sure have and agree completely with you, others who have bought the same model ( next rego number from mine) are getting identical stats. and the above chart from the dealer said exactly that. Top Speed 101kmph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by #Andy_GBR View Post
    There is no paddle wheel / Spindle on the 2019 FX range, its not GPS either just a computer generated speed from an algorithm from engine data.
    The speed issue is far from what the 2018 models could go 2018 could produce around 104 mph now the 2019 can only do 90 KMPH ???
    Thatís even worse.....not surprised indicated 70mph on the dash of the 19 fx SVHO felt much slower than 70mph feels on my SHO I have no idea how fast it was going...... these days there is no excuse for not including gps for speedo... is there still has a compass function?

I like my 19 FX SVHO, only thing is the start engine thing. If you need to get the engine running in a hurry, maybe not to hit something, it wont, it does it it self and takes a little longer so be careful.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information