Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

951 carb tuner recommendations

I have a 2000 GTX 951. I'm looking to send my carbs out for a proper tuning. Engine was rebuilt in 2017. Runs great, just a dog out of the hole.
    Recommendations? Thanks!
    ~E.

+1
    Got any tricks to getting the carbs out? Only time I tried I gave up pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningGTX View Post
    I have a 2000 GTX 951. I'm looking to send my carbs out for a proper tuning. Engine was rebuilt in 2017. Runs great, just a dog out of the hole.
    Recommendations? Thanks!
    ~E.
    Might be more than just something isolated to the carb , a cleaning wont hurt but the rest of the system needs to be looked at. Replace lines, and reserve valve if they have never been changed. If your set on having them done. You can send them to David Gray, he cleans and rebuilds at reasonable prices and is respected in the community. You will have to reach him through the FB seadoo owners page. (51s are so sensitive to fuel problems, they manifest pretty prominently in decreased performance. The danger is leaning out the carb and sticking a piston so don't mess around do it right.

+1
    I do carb rebuilding at a very reasonable price & only use genuine Mikuni kits. PM me if interested.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro-mike View Post
    Might be more than just something isolated to the carb , a cleaning wont hurt but the rest of the system needs to be looked at. Replace lines, and reserve valve if they have never been changed. If your set on having them done. You can send them to David Gray, he cleans and rebuilds at reasonable prices and is respected in the community. You will have to reach him through the FB seadoo owners page. (51s are so sensitive to fuel problems, they manifest pretty prominently in decreased performance. The danger is leaning out the carb and sticking a piston so don't mess around do it right.
    Thanks for the referral. Lines are all new. Once I hit 3000 rpm, it goes like a bat. I just applied to join the FB group. I'll look up David when I get in. Much appreciated. I'll keep the thread updated.

David Grey (with an e) in the Sea Doo Owners 'official'?

Yes, thats the man.

+1
    Also I am a 30 year PWC tech & still do 9-5 Monday thru Friday & guarantee all my work & offer phone support if you have any issues after the work.

10. +1 by:

Just checked to be sure its with a A and he is on both the official and the regular page.
    Or you could have Water Worx do it also I didn't know he was here. Either way you wont go wrong I would send mine to either all day. I am OG and do it myself (OG OCD).

+1
    Just checked to be sure its with a A and he is on both the official and the regular page.
    Or you could have Water Worx do it also I didn't know he was here. Either way you wont go wrong I would send mine to either all day. I am OG and do it myself (OG OCD).
    Yeah I am Grumpy @ PWCToday LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information