+1

Riva (and others) Pro Cooling mod

Pondering the best way to add additional cooling to support Stage 2 mods with upgraded I/C.
    I notice the Riva Pro kit adds additional dedicated line to I/C, and routes that water thru the oil cooler and out the left side pisser which used to release engine water after it went thru oil cooler. Also, the old I/C line feed is drilled out and sent to extra engine port anode fitting.

The water that used to go to I/C is added to engine cooling (no longer dumped out right side double pissers)
    The water that used to go to the oil cooler now just goes to engine thru bigger fitting.
    3 Pissers that used to dump engine water are no longer dumping ANY engine water (only 1 is dumping and it is dedicated I/C thru oil cooler water)

Where is the additional water feeding the engine thru the anode fitting and bigger feed on the exhaust side being dumped out? More water available to go in but less way for it to get out, only the t-stat and exhaust injection.

Someone enlighten me please.

Thank you!
    Last edited by LT1GMC; 02-07-2019 at 10:49 AM.

+1
    The kit does not make sense to me either not using the double pissers. I ran a dedication line to my intercooler and kept my intercooler outlet hooked up to the double pisser. Then I took my old intercooler line and hooked it up to the engine anode adapter. Been like that for about 5 hours with no issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk88notch View Post
    The kit does not make sense to me either not using the double pissers. I ran a dedication line to my intercooler and kept my intercooler outlet hooked up to the double pisser. Then I took my old intercooler line and hooked it up to the engine anode adapter. Been like that for about 5 hours with no issues.
    That is basically the worxs cooling kit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    That is basically the worxs cooling kit.
    I know I just did it with my riva kit

As weird as it is and I agree but it somehow works. Did about a 3 mile wide open pull with this and the new riva intercooler a little while back and the ski fluctuate from 83 to 84 the entire time. Funny one of the guys we ride with thought something was wrong with the ski since no water was coming out the 2 pissers

+1
    i installed the pro cooling kit on my fz 2 years ago. i can tell you this, do not run it the way they say in the instructions. run your new line from the pump direct to your intercooler. dont jump it over to the oil cooler. for the life of me i could never figure out why i couldnt get an 02 sensor to last more than an hour or two. then it dawned on me that the engine is getting rid of quite a bit of water out the port side pisser. with rivas flow chart this is now not the case and the extra water has to be pushed out the exhaust. there was so much flow out the exhaust that it was blowing my sensors. must have gone through 10 of those before figuring this out. i went back to having the oil cooler plumbed back to factory. i am using the anode fitting on the engine. now the intercooler is dedicated from new feed and the original water feed is dedicated to the engine.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Thats a good point, and I intend on running O2 all the time. I have for 6 years on my FZ and don't think I ever replaced a sensor. It has a dedicated I/C line and no other water mods. Of course Indiana water doesn't get like the southern states do, so perhaps I will be good with dedicated I/C line and the anode add-on only.

Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    i installed the pro cooling kit on my fz 2 years ago. i can tell you this, do not run it the way they say in the instructions. run your new line from the pump direct to your intercooler. dont jump it over to the oil cooler. for the life of me i could never figure out why i couldnt get an 02 sensor to last more than an hour or two. then it dawned on me that the engine is getting rid of quite a bit of water out the port side pisser. with rivas flow chart this is now not the case and the extra water has to be pushed out the exhaust. there was so much flow out the exhaust that it was blowing my sensors. must have gone through 10 of those before figuring this out. i went back to having the oil cooler plumbed back to factory. i am using the anode fitting on the engine. now the intercooler is dedicated from new feed and the original water feed is dedicated to the engine.

+1
    So I have a whole thread asking similar questions. As the motor dumps all its water out the back. The 2 left pissers are from the oil cooler, and the right is from the intercoooler.

So thechnically i cant see if a motor colony line gets clogged.

Mkne to eats 02s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk88notch View Post
    you used a 1/2 to 5/8 barb fitting and piece of 1/2 hose to the anode?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    you used a 1/2 to 5/8 barb fitting and piece of 1/2 hose to the anode?
    Yes it all came in the Riva kit

Thread Information