Thread: WSM Valves...

WSM Valves...

Hi, I have to rebuild a engine of 1503 4tec 215 and would like know if somebody have experience with WSM valves exhaust valves.

I have seen they have two models Normal (with nitride treatment) and race series (maybe stainless steel??) I guess i would buy the normal one... because is cheapest and i have read stainless steel is not too good for diferent material causes with temperature... (not sure about it)

I know that WSM is not the best quality of the world and would be better go oem or another high quality like riva or supertech but in this case I don't want spend a lot of money and obviusly if they work good for some time is enought for me.

So just would like to know if they work good or they really are rubbish. Please... people with experience (himselft or friends) and not "my cousing told me that hey are...rubbish.."

Thank you in advance guys!

+1
    id rather pick up a used OEM set, then try those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    id rather pick up a used OEM set, then try those out.
    the problem with used oem set is that you dont know if they are '04 valves that fail...

About fail valves... just was used in 215? could I mount a '04 185 valve set? or probably they have same refence and will fail again?

Thank you

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    for something like a valve, it's a false economy to try to save a few bucks, even a few hundred.

you want to be a couple of miles out when one lets go?

trust me, you'd burn a fat stack of 20's to avoid that happening, especially as that thunderstorm suddenly changes direction

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTe View Post
    the problem with used oem set is that you dont know if they are '04 valves that fail...
    Umm they are marked with part number, just get stocks that are not the ones that fail.

6. +1 by:

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTe View Post
    Hi, I have to rebuild a engine of 1503 4tec 215 and would like know if somebody have experience with WSM valves exhaust valves.

I have seen they have two models Normal (with nitride treatment) and race series (maybe stainless steel??) I guess i would buy the normal one... because is cheapest and i have read stainless steel is not too good for diferent material causes with temperature... (not sure about it)

I know that WSM is not the best quality of the world and would be better go oem or another high quality like riva or supertech but in this case I don't want spend a lot of money and obviusly if they work good for some time is enought for me.

So just would like to know if they work good or they really are rubbish. Please... people with experience (himselft or friends) and not "my cousing told me that hey are...rubbish.."

Thank you in advance guys!
    Go with the Supertech valves. They are the most proven valve out there for our 4-Tec engines and currently on sale in the Green Hulk Store

Supertech Light Weight Valve Set for Sea-Doo 185/215/255/260/300 HP Engines

Designed to be a direct drop-in replacement for the OEM valves and requires no machining of cylinder head. Sold in sets of 12 (6 Intake/6 Exhaust)....
    Supertech SD Valve Kit
    $589.95 $449.95
    24% discount

9. +1 by:

WFO

Thread Information