Why Different T-Piece Brass Waterbox Connectors

Hi. I bought a second hand port side waterbox muffler (don’t know which Kawasaki it came off) and it came with a t piece brass connector that looks different to the one I have on my ski.

I have a 07 Ultra LX NA, and the connector I have on my waterbox (the top connector) is a 13mm hose connector with a small orifice hole in it, whereas the one I got with the muffler is a 3/8” connector with no orifice (so the hole is bigger than the orifice on my connector).

The problem is that I keep finding little pieces Stuck in that small orifice on my connector, so am thinking about swopping my 13mm connector with the 3/8” connector and then just increasing the hose size to match my already 13mm hose coming from my engine.

Any idea why the different sizes and if my plan to swop out will cause any issues?

Attached photos of the t piece connector I want to use. I don’t have pics of my connector with the small orifice, but it is small, about 5mm max.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2787.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	444364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2786.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	444365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2785.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	444366

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegjones View Post
    Hi. I bought a second hand port side waterbox muffler (don’t know which Kawasaki it came off) and it came with a t piece brass connector that looks different to the one I have on my ski.

I have a 07 Ultra LX NA, and the connector I have on my waterbox (the top connector) is a 13mm hose connector with a small orifice hole in it, whereas the one I got with the muffler is a 3/8” connector with no orifice (so the hole is bigger than the orifice on my connector).

The problem is that I keep finding little pieces Stuck in that small orifice on my connector, so am thinking about swopping my 13mm connector with the 3/8” connector and then just increasing the hose size to match my already 13mm hose coming from my engine.

Any idea why the different sizes and if my plan to swop out will cause any issues?

Attached photos of the t piece connector I want to use. I don’t have pics of my connector with the small orifice, but it is small, about 5mm max.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2787.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	444364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2786.jpg 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	444365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2785.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	444366
    Kawi runs small orifices on certain circuits to set the water temp / flow rate of the water...…… by changing to the big size you will alter this in a negative way..
    in stock we trust !!!!!!!!!!

Hey man thanks for the response. I appreciate the theory behind the flow rate to regulate the temp, but just thought it may have been an upgrade to deal with the frequent blockage of that small orifice. I.e longer line with smaller internal diameter to replace the line with a bigger internal diameter and then small orifice at the end.

What are your thoughts? Anyone have idea which Kawi this connector comes from?

+1
    Not sure what model that came from, but I've got two different model year Ultra LXs and they're different. I was tempted to change one of them because the other had a much cleaner looking installation (better hose routing. I was actually thinking of making my own Tee fittings to re-arrange things, but I've got a lot more important things to do in my spare time.

Thread Information