Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XistanceX View Post
    I appreciate the help, ordering everything tonight.
    I think I read somewhere the 85mm nozzle was the way to go?
    The limiter is 8650. No retainers yet.

With the transom to modify it, its a tapered bore correct? 155mm intake side, 160mm impeller side.

Crap that's crazy
    Most amazing is that all of the pump damage was caused by cavitation, there was no Phisical contact as the blade of the impeller folded forward away from the pump...

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    This is how my transom has been meeting the wear ring..
    Is that normal? Seems like an excessive gap.
    Are you asking about the 2.5mm ‘step’ where the 155mm transom plate opening mates to the 160mm jet pump?

No its like the wear ring isnt pressed into place correctly. thats as tight as the two parts meet. so i have a 2.5mm step (From transom to wear ring) AND a ~2mm x ~1mm gap thats the thickness of the liner (where my screwdriver is resting)

So assuming all things equal if I was to use exact same wear ring and modify the transom I would still have a hole from transom to wear ring (would not be smooth transition). But maybe it was not set right and a new wear ring (whole new unit) will fit better?

+1
    No its like the wear ring isnt pressed into place correctly. thats as tight as the two parts meet. so i have a 2.5mm step (From transom to wear ring) AND a ~2mm x ~1mm gap thats the thickness of the liner (where my screwdriver is resting)

So assuming all things equal if I was to use exact same wear ring and modify the transom I would still have a hole from transom to wear ring (would not be smooth transition). But maybe it was not set right and a new wear ring (whole new unit) will fit better?
    I had Dean's transom mod done to my gp1800. And when I reinstalled the pump liner housing there was a gap from the liner to the pump and Dean told me to fill it with silicone as that wouldn't be a problem however I replace my pump liner recently with the SBT liner with a removable nylon wearing inside the housing and the wear ring on the Leading Edge was actually longer than the OEM One and closed that Gap up to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    I had Dean's transom mod done to my gp1800. And when I reinstalled the pump liner housing there was a gap from the liner to the pump and Dean told me to fill it with silicone as that wouldn't be a problem however I replace my pump liner recently with the SBT liner with a removable nylon wearing inside the housing and the wear ring on the Leading Edge was actually longer than the OEM One and closed that Gap up to match.
    Ok, just seemed weird, would have thought the smoother the better. It will be interesting to see how the new Solas wear ring/housing fits.

+1
    Ok, just seemed weird, would have thought the smoother the better. It will be interesting to see how the new Solas wear ring/housing fits.
    I believe it will still have the gap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information