Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Finally found time to finish pulling it apart.

    Wear ring has seen better days.. Can the ring be replaced or do i have to get a new unit? those are cavitation burns all the way through the liner in spots.



    And this don't look too good either, i've read that some people cut and grind them to stop this happening? Just wondering what to do with it.... is it worth cleaning them up and making the rest match? or just replace it?
    Any recomendations to stop this happening?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waer ring.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	444555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stator.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	444556  

  2. #22
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,320
    +1
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by XistanceX View Post
    Finally found time to finish pulling it apart.

    Wear ring has seen better days.. Can the ring be replaced or do i have to get a new unit? those are cavitation burns all the way through the liner in spots.


    And this don't look too good either, i've read that some people cut and grind them to stop this happening? Just wondering what to do with it.... is it worth cleaning them up and making the rest match? or just replace it?
    Any recomendations to stop this happening?
    You need to fix the cavitation. That is what killed your wear ring and pump. Get the Riva grate install it and make sure it is all sealed up and use the Lucky 13 cone.
    You can replace just the wear ring and will have to get a new pump. That one is beyond notching it out.

    My GP1800 run yesterday (78 air, 69 fresh water lake) with stock supercharger, Fizzle IC, Lucky 13 and Riva grate, Dean's Tune and some other parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190209_134000.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	444560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190209_133322.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	444561  
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 02-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #23
    Lake Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dirty Jerzey
    Posts
    1,105
    +1
    210
    What's the other parts?

  5. #24
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,174
    +1
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by XistanceX View Post
    Finally found time to finish pulling it apart.

    Wear ring has seen better days.. Can the ring be replaced or do i have to get a new unit? those are cavitation burns all the way through the liner in spots.



    And this don't look too good either, i've read that some people cut and grind them to stop this happening? Just wondering what to do with it.... is it worth cleaning them up and making the rest match? or just replace it?
    Any recomendations to stop this happening?


    Thats massive cavitation.

  6. #25
    Yeah its bad. I'm also very careful when i accelerate from a dead stop so that it doesn't do it. So that would mean its cavitating all the time?

    So i suppose now i need to look into the why and how to fix it.

    Maybe a riva intake grate or 2019 style, is the riva worth the extra cost?
    Doing the transom mod. Will get it sent out this week hopefully
    Lucky13 cone
    New wear ring, solas/riva stainless
    New pump veins. if i get oem wont they just break off again? it is expensive but is it worthwhile getting the solas 12 vein?
    and re align ride plate to new intake grate

    Once i do all that i hope it would have sorted it.

  7. #26
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,320
    +1
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by XistanceX View Post
    Yeah its bad. I'm also very careful when i accelerate from a dead stop so that it doesn't do it. So that would mean its cavitating all the time?

    So i suppose now i need to look into the why and how to fix it.

    Maybe a riva intake grate or 2019 style, is the riva worth the extra cost?
    Doing the transom mod. Will get it sent out this week hopefully
    Lucky13 cone
    New wear ring, solas/riva stainless
    New pump veins. if i get oem wont they just break off again? it is expensive but is it worthwhile getting the solas 12 vein?
    and re align ride plate to new intake grate

    Once i do all that i hope it would have sorted it.
    Like I had mentioned before.
    - Riva intake grate with pump stuffer kit, just be sure to seal it up good with Right Stuff.
    - Transom bored and sealed with 5200
    - Lucky 13 cone and maybe different nozzle.
    - With a 13/18 you have to be reving upwards of around 8600-8800 rpm depending on your weather. What is your limiter? You said you have Vtec stage 1 tune, I do not think it supports your mods - Worx Intercooler. You could be banging the limiter as well as cavitation.


  8. #27
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,174
    +1
    242
    I just snapped a blade on my impeller and it shredded the pump in just a few seconds. I was going 92 MPH when it snapped, it doesn’t take much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9AF36447-CDB1-4074-A138-93C9945326BE.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	444676  

  9. #28
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,664
    +1
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Sponsons typically arent even in the water at top speed. Here is a pic running 86 mph at Hydrodrags, modified ski more and ran up to 91 mph with it and all pump area sealed using Riva grate.
    I will tell you the WORX grate fitment I have had to deal with on a friends ski was horrible and had huge gap between grate and transom plate. I would say about 3/16th - 1/8th of an inch gap. He had horrible cavitation even when sealed and didnt like the handling. I installed a Riva grate, sealed it up and never had another issue. I will say for some reason, Riva pump seal kit is not flush with the rear and needs to be filled with Right Stuff or other material to seal it up good.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    +1
    Sponsons don't cause overstuffing. Even at stock speeds, the sponsons are well out of the water at WOT. I also had a similar fitment issue with a Worx grate on my FX. Total garbage! Big thanks to Jerry who went to bat for me & was able to get me a full refund.
    No disagreement on the sponsons at speed. Its when the throttle is chopped, bow settles/steers on a rogue wave that suddenly appears, sponsons in a lower position grab the water and off you go.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Like I had mentioned before.
    - Riva intake grate with pump stuffer kit, just be sure to seal it up good with Right Stuff.
    - Transom bored and sealed with 5200
    - Lucky 13 cone and maybe different nozzle.
    - With a 13/18 you have to be reving upwards of around 8600-8800 rpm depending on your weather. What is your limiter? You said you have Vtec stage 1 tune, I do not think it supports your mods - Worx Intercooler. You could be banging the limiter as well as cavitation.
    I appreciate the help, ordering everything tonight.
    I think I read somewhere the 85mm nozzle was the way to go?
    The limiter is 8650. No retainers yet.

    With the transom to modify it, its a tapered bore correct? 155mm intake side, 160mm impeller side.


    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I just snapped a blade on my impeller and it shredded the pump in just a few seconds. I was going 92 MPH when it snapped, it doesn’t take much.
    Crap that's crazy
    Last edited by XistanceX; 02-12-2019 at 04:23 AM.

  11. #30
    This is how my transom has been meeting the wear ring..
    Is that normal? Seems like an excessive gap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gap.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	444684  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXTX S3 pump stuffing at 80+ mph
    By MPower in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-26-2018, 09:35 AM
  2. Pump stuffing
    By kensmith in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 08:40 PM
  3. 2008 rxpx pump stuffing
    By lightspeed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 03:07 PM
  4. stuffing pump rxp x 08
    By spacerrr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
  5. Pump - Intake grate - Stuffing
    By NeVerMind in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •