Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question for VXR owners

Iím looking into purchasing a vxr. Right now I own a couple of 155 seadoos and a 2013 VX. No need to suggest a gp1800 Iím not going the supercharged route. Basically Iím just looking for a little more speed than what I have now without going SC.
    Question is I know they switched hulls in the vxr at some point. Is there one that is better than the other? What would be the pros and cons on both? Also are there more options as far as aftermarket upgrades on one vs the other?

+1
    I got my 2016 last year. Highly recommend it. 2015+ is the newer hull. Pre 2015 has higher top speeds but the new hills beats it pretty much everywhere else, especially rougher water and cornering.

I was in the same mindset. I had all two strokes that did about 60 but friends with GTIís and RXPís and I wanted to keep up. However, I wanted to run regular fuel and not have any potential headaches of a supercharged ski. Almost bought a GTR but talked myself out of superchargers again.

And for about $350 Iíve added GPS speedometer, given the exhaust and intake a nice growl, and increased my torque and top speed from 62 to 67.

Iíve got another $250 going into it this winter and Iíll have the new ride plate and intake grate off the 2019 models that should probably have me breaking 68mph.

Plain and simple: VXR is the baddest N/A ski on the market. Great value for the money.

3. +1 by:

That’s pretty much what I needed to hear! Thanks. How much top end difference is there between the two different hulls?? It looks like there are more options as far as aftermarket upgrades for the 15 and up vs the older one. Is that true or am I not looking hard enough?

+1
    VXR is an awesome machine. When i test rode one with my wife and son on it and it had plenty of power and handled great . I ended up with the gp1800 because it was their last one and I got a good of a price on it other wise there would be a vxr in my driveway.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Acosper123 View Post
    Thatís pretty much what I needed to hear! Thanks. How much top end difference is there between the two different hulls?? It looks like there are more options as far as aftermarket upgrades for the 15 and up vs the older one. Is that true or am I not looking hard enough?
    Stock for stock the old one was 67-68 I believe and the new one is 61-64 ish. Guys report varying stock top speeds but thatís kinda the normal range. Fuel load, rider weight, and air temps really effect it more than most other skis Iíve been on.

Yeah I think youíll struggle more to find parts for the only one since itís now going to be a 5 or 6 year old machine at bear. The new one has been popular in racing and with the gp1800 sharing the same hull and being a real animal for racing, thereís a lot of aftermarket support on the hull.

Anyone saying they’ve been able to hit 70 on one of these? If I decide to pull the trigger on one that’s where I’d like to be at

+1
    Anyone saying theyíve been able to hit 70 on one of these? If I decide to pull the trigger on one thatís where Iíd like to be at
    Very rare. You basically need everything I have plus a Deans Team tune. I just donít want to tune because Iíve got the extended warranty. A little harder to fight than the bolt ons. But I should be easily hitting 67 after I do ride plate and Iíd be surprised if I wonít be able to hit 65 even on a ďslowĒ day.

67 pretty dang close. Still be able to keep up with stock sc skis. Much better fuel mileage and reliability. I’ve been reading a couple of post of guys doing 70+ on the older vxr’s but say it’s a hand full at that speed. How’s the storage area on one of the newer ones? My older 110 is pretty limited, probably be the biggest complaint I have about one. My gtx 155 has plenty of room.

+1
    67 pretty dang close. Still be able to keep up with stock sc skis. Much better fuel mileage and reliability. Iíve been reading a couple of post of guys doing 70+ on the older vxrís but say itís a hand full at that speed. Howís the storage area on one of the newer ones? My older 110 is pretty limited, probably be the biggest complaint I have about one. My gtx 155 has plenty of room.
    Storage is probably the only topic Iíd say is a almost a disappointment. Not that itís bad, but coming from a 2000 Seadoo RX, u just assumed bigger ski, bugger storage. Not exactly the case.

My older two strokes you could store right up to bare fiberglass. Whereas the four strokes all have liners and plastic taking up and inch here and an inch there and pretty soon itís about the same as my old ski.

I fit enough for a day trip for two but itís tight after towels and dry clothes and maybe some snacks. Then the gf wants a floatie for the sandbar and pretty soon youíre playing Tetris.

+1
    I will say tho. More storage than a gtr230. I almost got one of those and was shocked how small the front end was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information