+1

Intercooler option should for 09 RXT 255 is

I bought a 2009 RXT 255 is that I intended to keep. However, after removing the top deck just to replace a bad throttle body I don't think it's for. I intended to modify it and as we know, after you do that you usually can plan on needing to tinker around and adjust things, which isn't really doable. As a stock ski this is great.
    Anyway, I wanna replace the intercooler while it's apart because it's on borrowed time by now (111 hours).
    What are my most cost effective options?

Quote Originally Posted by BH03 View Post
    I bought a 2009 RXT 255 is that I intended to keep. However, after removing the top deck just to replace a bad throttle body I don't think it's for. I intended to modify it and as we know, after you do that you usually can plan on needing to tinker around and adjust things, which isn't really doable. As a stock ski this is great.
    Anyway, I wanna replace the intercooler while it's apart because it's on borrowed time by now (111 hours).
    What are my most cost effective options?
    If you are looking to replace with a Fizzle Factory Intercooler, I have a $599.00 gift certificate that I won at Christmas. I can let you have it for $475.00. Great Intercooler discount!!

+1
    cost effective and effective can easily be 2 different things when it comes to intercoolers. various brands (and generic coolers) have different performance, durability, and customer support. food for thought when it comes to intercooler shopping... just my 2 cents!

4. +1 by:

I agree. James is very attentive.
    Would be a great choice. (Plus look at the savings with a discounted gift certificate)

To answer your question. I would replace with a fizzle..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    cost effective and effective can easily be 2 different things when it comes to intercoolers. various brands (and generic coolers) have different performance, durability, and customer support. food for thought when it comes to intercooler shopping... just my 2 cents!
    Is there an intercooler available which is efficient as a F1000 but the plumbing is designed like an XS intercooler/first generation? Water in from one end and out the opposite end. Thanks

+1
    No, the plumbing on the F1000 is part of the efficiency. You could drill and tap a fitting in the back of the core if you really needed to run the water straight through. As long as you have enough water pressure to fill the core you likely won't see a performance drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Is there an intercooler available which is efficient as a F1000 but the plumbing is designed like an XS intercooler/first generation? Water in from one end and out the opposite end. Thanks

+1
    I just recieved my fizzle intercooler today for my GP1800 and the quality is amazing. Comes with everything you need to install. I can’t wait to get the shrink wrap off the ski to install it. I would recommend a fizzle to anyone looking upgrade their intercooler.

Thread Information