+1

RXPX 300 jet pump oil

I had this discussion last year but decided to hold off a year. I wanted to know how you guys felt about sea doos jet pump grease vs gear lube. A few said grease was fine as long as a check it yearly but others felt I should change to gear lube. If you ask me grease seems like it wouldn't work as well because it can all be blown into the nose cone. So I repacked it last year, wasn't sure how much to put in but I added almost a full tube. If I changed to gear lube how would I fill it and how would I know I have the correct amount? How would I know its not leaking out? My dad advised me from his expierience with boats is to not run car gear oil. He said that it builds pressure and he had it blow the seals out of his lower unit, luckily he caught it in time. I was thinking about running klotz pure estrolin jet pump oil or klotz marine pure estrolin 80w 90 lower unit gear oil. I just don't know exactly how I would fill it. I'm sure I would have the nose of the ski way up and then fill the nose cone and put it on. I wish they made the pump how mercury does with their jet drives. You make sure its level then take the plug out of the end of the nose cone and fill until it drips out. Thoughts?

+1
    Take out excessive grease and fill 1/2 the cone with mineral gear oil.
    Ran it over 5 seasons like this and never saw any loss of oil or water intrusion.
    I opened up after every season, just to check. But changed the oil anyway.

+1
    This is what I would like to use for oil in my pump would this work? I have had an awesome expierience with klotz oil in the past with my outboards but have never used it in my jet skis. Or do you think klotz jet pump oil would be better?

Thread Information