+1

Anyone installed or used the new Riva Gen 3 intercooler kit yet?

As title says, has anyone installed or used the new Riva Gen 3 intercooler kit yet? How was the install and how is the performance?

orderd one with the riva stage II kit but they said the I/C was on back order 2-3 weekes...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    orderd one with the riva stage II kit but they said the I/C was on back order 2-3 weekes...
    Typical Riva new parts....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    As title says, has anyone installed or used the new Riva Gen 3 intercooler kit yet? How was the install and how is the performance?
    If you are looking for an intercooler there is someone selling a fizzle with a tial bov for a great price. I picked up the one with out the bov since I have an extra turbo smart bov from my mustang.

Works great so far no heat fade or mph loss over a few mile run. Install was simple and clean, I did the pro cooling at the same time. Real test will come this summer in the Tampa heat and humidity. They do ship the wrong spring for the BOV with the kit (10lb) for a stock charger but they might have corrected that by now, I had one of the first ones.

+1
    I just got done installing my gen3. Had to do the cooling upgrade at the same time. Its a little time consuming to do it all but pretty easy. Its a nice clean look and fits great. The Tial BOV comes with an (11 lb) spring installed according to riva tech. I havent had time to test but hoping this stops the heat fade and is suppose to give @20hp given riva's dyno testing. I also installed Jerry's billet throttle mount as long as I had everything apart. I only have a Deans stage 2 tune while this intercooler should still help. As far as mph and acceleration gain I won't know yet as I am living in the MN polar vortex.

Should have big gains over the stock intercooler. I wonder how big the core is compared to min that I custom mounted in that spot. Anyone got one they can measure?

+1
    I measured the outside and looks like the core is 9.5 inches wide by 7 inch tall by 3.5 inches wide. Should be interesting to see what it does in the water and how it fixes the heat fade. Wonder if acceleration will be noticeable as well.

Thread Information