+1

How to take a Jet Ski to the Bahamas part 1

So after doing Bimini trips and further over the last few years I have been asked on several times how we do these trips and plan them especially on small boats and Jet Skis. So I have decided to throw together a video series showing how our crew pulls them off. It will be a multi part series but here is the first video. This is the pre planning stages in the 12-6 month out range of your trip

<font color="#1D2129"><span style="font-family: Helvetica">

+1
    Very nice! Especially for those who might not ever come to the forum.

A couple of points: Don't forget to mention customs--both here and in The Bahamas. 4keeps would be a great consultant for you to use for information about the U.S. procedures.

Bring CASH to pay Bahamas customs. Oh, and even more cash if you'd like to fish while there.

I was thinking that maybe for one of your videos in the series you could discuss actual places to leave from. We used Crandon Park Marina in Key Biscayne which is nearer to Miami than you've (apparently) wanted to use. However, we kinda enhanced our vacation experience by spending a day in Miami touring South Beach and driving around other parts of town to find some excellent Cuban cuisine. You MUST get some Cuban coffee. Don't bother attempting to argue that point with me. Cuban coffee. I can't say it enough. Served after the meal. Yup. Do it!

And another thing: *than

I really like your style of putting in some footage of the things you're mentioning as you're mentioning it. You have a good voice for this stuff and you look way better on camera than I do! I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

But be prepared for my nit-picky ass to come in here and critique you.

+1
    Lol @drivingziggy feel free to nit pick and suggest things I'm sure there will be some stuff I forget as I go. I'm hoping to put the second video up next week which will go in depth into selecting a departure location and landing location and lodging. What did you guys like about Crandon Park and were there any dislikes? I will mention it in the video if you provide the details.

+1
    Crandon Park Marina is nice and secure. The only problem would be if you wait too late in the morning on a weekend to leave. There are sooooooooooo many people trying to launch on weekends that the line to get in stretches ~.5 mile and parties actually break out in the median for those who can't wait to start their on-the-water parties.

Oh, and another "problem" we had was that somehow their computer glitched and gave all of us tickets for overstaying what we paid for. Of course we did not. But then you have to submit to the authorities and wait in order to get it dismissed. But that could have happened at any long-term parking area.

I also would recommend what we did: If you can find a secure place to drop your trailer at the hotel, head for South Beach and walk around, have lunch, enjoy the sights. It just "costs" you an extra day. Also, grab a cab/Uber/Lyft and head out to a Cuban restaurant for dinner. And whatever you do, do NOT forget to get the coffee! Am I being repetitive? Well, it was that good. Kinda changed the lives of the people in my group.

Oh, you could also bring up getting the SunPass to take care of your tolls. Some won't mind stopping at every (5 or 6) toll booth to pay and others might even go out of their way to avoid the toll road altogether. My peeps were impatient, so I still have the SunPass on my truck and there is still some $$$ in the account--unless they've emptied it.

I'm fixin' to post your vid over in the new thread started in the Bimini section. People are starting the questions that you're answering!

Thread Information