Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2016 fx svho

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dg1148 View Post
    This is my questioning as well. My rpms went up 400 and I actually lost 1mph when I went from my 13/20 to my 13/17. Acceleration was insane but I lost speed up top and gained rpms. I was kinda thinking I needed to try something to adjust the pressure. With the 13 cone or smaller nozzle
    I think that just shows you are spinning the heck out of the prop. I had similar results with another prop I have that I think is a 13/17. It spins higher, but at slightly less speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    yes trim was in the same setting on both run and I did look at max r's...with the luck13 it said about 8800 and with the stock cone around 9100 r's on several runs, r's did go up as it should but my speed didn't. I can see the r's going up with less pressure and with less pressure mph could go down but I was hoping for better speed. i think I have the power just need to free up the ski...I saw your post on the max r;s not being accurate...next time i'll get a set of reader so I can see the #'s. I even had 2 gps on board to see if mine was right and they were with in .02 mph. in theory behind the lucky13 is, u put it on r's go down and then u pitch ur prop to bring r back up and speed will go up.
    That full tank of gas is still hurting you. What was your AFR?

Also, I am not a big fan of the Lucky13 for top speed gains; although I do have to admit I haven't tested it much. It was great for dropping rpm's when needed, but I don't see it out performing the stock cone on the top end. Once I get everything else dialed in, I will throw it back on without any washers to see what it does.
    Last edited by outnumbered; 05-17-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Wedge helps a lot...Makes the front “lighter” and really plants the rear of that big ol FX whale.
    ok I was hoping to hear that...

Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    That full tank of gas is still hurting you. What was your AFR?

Also, I am not a big fan of the Lucky13 for top speed gains; although I do have to admit I haven't tested it much. It was great for dropping rpm's when needed, but I don't see it out performing the stock cone on the top end. Once I get everything else dialed in, I will throw it back on without any washers to see what it does.
    I did run the ski down to 2 bars of fuel that when I got the 86.57 air was good and temps and water were cool about the same as before...I was hoping for more of a gain with low fuel. I had a arf reading of 11.8-12 two week ago I do need to put a permanent gauge on her. im going to put the wedge on next week and try I need to get the noise up and plant that rear a little better it like to wonder a bit...
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 05-17-2019 at 12:06 PM.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I just put the wedge on my FX cruiser. I have not run it hard or full out, but it rides up out of the water, feels much better turning and accelerating (romping around). You can tell you are up on the ride plate. This was with a full tank of gas which how mine get ridden most of the time.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I just put the wedge on my FX cruiser. I have not run it hard or full out, but it rides up out of the water, feels much better turning and accelerating (romping around). You can tell you are up on the ride plate. This was with a full tank of gas which how mine get ridden most of the time.

Robert
    yea I think the wedge will be the ticket...at least I hope so, the front needs to get up out of the water and the rear need to plant a little better. i'll put it on next week for a mid week run...but for now im going to lake anna the way it is for the weekend and see how she like the chop...

nice day on the lake temps at 88 and lot of humidity...ski lost about 200-250 r's running around 8880-8920 and around 84 mph...this is where I ride most so im guessing when its all done it'll be about 2mm off the prop. the ski handles the chop good and pulls real good...I do like this ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    nice day on the lake temps at 88 and lot of humidity...ski lost about 200-250 r's running around 8880-8920 and around 84 mph...this is where I ride most so im guessing when its all done it'll be about 2mm off the prop. the ski handles the chop good and pulls real good...I do like this ski
    I hate humidity.

+1
    I ran the wedge over weekend. Its like driving an automatic car with a high stall converter. The ski is much faster and free running around. I am figuring less drag. I finally hit 95 mph. I am not saying it was all wedge because I made other changes over the winter.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I ran the wedge over weekend. Its like driving an automatic car with a high stall converter. The ski is much faster and free running around. I am figuring less drag. I finally hit 95 mph. I am not saying it was all wedge because I made other changes over the winter.

Robert
    that is one fast ski...I just put the wedge back in and raise the riva backing plates on the sponsons one hole. I hope to get a few runs Thursday evening...tempts are going to be warmer but the water tempts are still down and humidity isn't going to be to bad...I would like to get 87+ so we'll see.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information