Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 fx cruiser ho upgrade options

Is there any advantage to change the map on the stock ECU for the ho n/a engines? If anyone has done this I would like to here your thoughts on this and other upgrades for the n/a ho engines. Thanks

+1
    After playing with the 1.8n/a engine in a VXR, I would just get the FXSVHO. Sure, 2k more but you'll have that in parts for the n/a and still not be as fast. Changing the map in a 1.8n/a does give some results and you'll need 91 plus octane just like SVHO and still not have the HP. A beginning, stage 1, ecu flash in a SVHO really wakes it up or just remove the speed limiter setting. I ordered a 2019 FXHO and it's staying stock. If I wanted more, I'd have ordered the SVHO. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    After playing with the 1.8n/a engine in a VXR, I would just get the FXSVHO. Sure, 2k more but you'll have that in parts for the n/a and still not be as fast. Changing the map in a 1.8n/a does give some results and you'll need 91 plus octane just like SVHO and still not have the HP. A beginning, stage 1, ecu flash in a SVHO really wakes it up or just remove the speed limiter setting. I ordered a 2019 FXHO and it's staying stock. If I wanted more, I'd have ordered the SVHO. Just my opinion.
    I was just wondering about the power. Me and the wife will be riding together on it. Did not want to find out later it was under powered for the both of us. I'm picking up the 19 fx cruiser ho in two weeks

+1
    Originally, my wife and I both rode a 2012 VX Deluxe, 110hp. Our first ski. It was "ok" with two on but we each liked riding by ourselves more. So a 2013 VXR, 1.8n/a, 180hp, was added. It handled the two of us well for power but nothing better than riding single and why having two skis now. We ride in Lake Erie which can get rough so last year, we sold the VX and bought a 2018 FXHO. Same 1.8n/a, 180hp. My wife rides it and loves it. We do more cruising at 35-40mph than racing people. The two short times she let me ride it, it was much better in the rough. We rode it once together and the power was fine. It still comes out of the hole well and top speed with both of us is 62-63. The 2019 FX I ordered is an HO because we like to cruise more and it gets better mileage and doesn't need 91 or better octane fuel. Plus it was 2k less. I guess it's what you mean by under powered. Everyone has their own ideas. If you can advise what you expect from it, then maybe members can give you a better idea. There are some members here that do ride the FXHO two up. Just an FYI, flashing of the ECU may/can void your warranty. Oh, and I do like speed. The reason I did upgrades to the VXR. It all comes down to how much you want to pay and the better way to save money for more power and speed is by going SVHO.

6. +1 by:

Thanks for your input

+1
    Agreed, it all comes down to what is one’s definition of “under-powered”. . .

If it is when one is constantly "running out of" throttle doing routine maneuvers, aka wanting more just to get on-plane, up to speed, etc… then I’d say “no way” are the HO’s under-powered. Example: I retro-fitted a 1.8L NA inside an older heavier 2005 FX hull, and me and the wife (with loaded fishing gear) zip around in ocean chop incredibly fine - her often beating me on my shoulder to slow it down – LOL!

I hear ya. Me and the wife will most likely do river runs and site seeing on different bodies of water.

I have a 17 FX Cruiser HO and have tried and wasted i don't know how much money on parts and upgrades to get more performance including the Stage 1. IMO the $$ vs performance return by tuning the ECU is not worth it on a NA engine. Yes you will feel the better acceleration and torque and it is nice but you will not gain any serious speed. Plus you'll have to use premium gas and use more if it. I always ride with 2 people and have never felt under powered at all, even in heavy chop. I believe the 19's already come with a top loader intake grate and performance ride plate so there's really not much else that can be done. You can add an intake, ribbon delete and exhaust but you still won't notice much if anything at all, other than making the ski loud as hell and getting a headache with a free flow exhaust. Even changing the impeller might give you a little extra pick up but not much to be worth the trouble and the $$.

Thanks again for you info. We plan on leaving it bone stock. Using 87 fuel and mpg was a big reason for looking at the ho. Also think the reliability may also be a touch better the svho. Just my thought

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information