+1

Octane Rating for RIVA F1 Wheel

Hi I'm wondering if anyone on the forum had success running the F1 17PSI Wheel @ 8900RPM on the SVHO with 91 Octane fuel. The only fuel that I have in my location is 91 Octane without ethanol. I have been mixing 1 Gallon of VP C14+ for every 10 Gallons of Premium 91 fuel to add a little knock protection with my custom stage 2 91 Octane 8900RPM tune. This is an expensive way of raising the octane but it adds reassurance if I happen to get some bad fuel.

I don't want to have to be mixing fuel all the time in case I can't source the race fuel in the future.

Current mods are full RIVA Stage 2 with Fizzle Intercooler.

I know that is some big boost for 91 Octane fuel and it would require Jesus to pull some timing from the tune in order to make it happen. I just don't know if it is wise to upgrade the wheel and chance loosing the engine or just leave the stock wheel in.

Thanks in advance.

+1
    93 Octane is a plus with the F1 wheel....adding timing is power...

Why are you running the stage 2 tune with the 17lb wheel. Go ahead and do stage 3. I ran stage 2 tune and usually ran 93 but sometimes would ha e to refill with 89. I would add an octane boost and not hold throttle wide open for any length of time. Ran fine.

Head down to St John's and ask Chevron why they don't have any stations available to you. They have 94 here in BC for us.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmafighter View Post
    Why are you running the stage 2 tune with the 17lb wheel. Go ahead and do stage 3. I ran stage 2 tune and usually ran 93 but sometimes would ha e to refill with 89. I would add an octane boost and not hold throttle wide open for any length of time. Ran fine.
    I don’t have the 17lb wheel I’m thinking about buying it but only have 91Octane fuel here. That is the only thing holding me back.

Thread Information