+1

Bye, Bye SXR1500

I started riding pwc back in the mid 1980s on standup skis and went through several over the years since. I still remember the first sitdown pwc I saw on the water. It seemed HUGE.

Then about 10 or 11 years ago I bought a STX15F and a STX12F for my girlfriend. Coming from standups, the STX got kind of dull quickly on the water. Sure I could trickski, kneeboard and pull a tube behind it but just riding... yawn. I picked up a used RN Superjet and let my girlfriend and another lady that often went with us ride the STX machines. Then I sold all and bought another boat but only did that for a couple of years. In 2016 I picked up a SeaDoo GTX155 and added the ski tow package. When Kawi came out with the SXR1500 I thought "great, I can get another standup". Well, yes and no; I did ride standing but it was not the playful standups of my past. Sure, power and acceleration were great and it carved bouys like a dream but no freestyle... nope, none.

So today I took the SXR in and picked up another STX15F. It will be better when going with friends since they never wanted to even try the SXR. Plus, I came to realize that at 63 and with a bad back from a car wreck, I can no longer recover from a hard day riding a standup as easily as I used to.

So in the last few years, what aftermarket accessories are mandatory for the STX15?

+1
    I’m new to the game but a bilge pump is where I’m starting. Good luck!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yes, I already have a couple in the shop, one for the SeaDoo and had the other for the SXR but it will go in the STX instead. I also need to wire in a battery maintenance plug for the charger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd View Post
    I started riding pwc back in the mid 1980s on standup skis and went through several over the years since. I still remember the first sitdown pwc I saw on the water. It seemed HUGE.

Then about 10 or 11 years ago I bought a STX15F and a STX12F for my girlfriend. Coming from standups, the STX got kind of dull quickly on the water. Sure I could trickski, kneeboard and pull a tube behind it but just riding... yawn. I picked up a used RN Superjet and let my girlfriend and another lady that often went with us ride the STX machines. Then I sold all and bought another boat but only did that for a couple of years. In 2016 I picked up a SeaDoo GTX155 and added the ski tow package. When Kawi came out with the SXR1500 I thought "great, I can get another standup". Well, yes and no; I did ride standing but it was not the playful standups of my past. Sure, power and acceleration were great and it carved bouys like a dream but no freestyle... nope, none.

So today I took the SXR in and picked up another STX15F. It will be better when going with friends since they never wanted to even try the SXR. Plus, I came to realize that at 63 and with a bad back from a car wreck, I can no longer recover from a hard day riding a standup as easily as I used to.

So in the last few years, what aftermarket accessories are mandatory for the STX15?
    I'm following your thread here. I have a pair of 2017 STX15s I bought new in 17' - I haven't done anything to them in terms of aftermarket parts. I also haven't dug into what's possible but from my limited research, not much is out there in terms of performance. Before buying them, everyone told me that they're a solid, reliable ski that has little to no issues if cared for properly. I've had mine for two years with no issues.

I just a few days ago decided to take off the plastic cover for the handlebar to open up space to mount my phone and a speaker. Trying to search for a pad or something to cover up the middle part of the handlebars.. not much out there lol "not suppose to take it off" is what I've found...

Anywho! Welcome back to the STX15F club!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post

I just a few days ago decided to take off the plastic cover for the handlebar to open up space to mount my phone and a speaker. Trying to search for a pad or something to cover up the middle part of the handlebars.. not much out there lol "not suppose to take it off" is what I've found...

Anywho! Welcome back to the STX15F club!
    Should be able to buy a universal "handlebar cross bar" from ebay then just pick whatever crossbar pad you like.... look on ebay you'll see what i mean

Thread Information