Looking for the best sit down surf PWC with good range

I follow the coast line along in the breaking zone doing some jumping but more about surfing/playing on the waves anything from 2' to 8' they are all good. Running along the top as they break. Crossing them forwards and backwards. Getting into tight spots all the time and need something that is light, maneuverable, and good instant responce acceleration.

I have a 2013 Yamaha VXR now, which has been great, my ski before was a Kawasaki 260x which couldn't surf as well, too heavy or too v nose, I'm not sure which but the lip on the bow would catch an edge turning at the bottom of a wave and roll. The VXR can do this easily and I can't really fault it except maybe a bit more thrust might be handy, and maybe lighter but it's time for a new ski.

Just wondering what is out there now that might be better.

I imagine something lighter with a large diameter jet and a higher gunwale (not sure if that's the right term, a higher lip or edge at the bow)

I'd like good power but don't need supercharged, but that would be ok too, but no turbocharged.

I don't need any gadgets like trim or cruise just a throttle and handlebars.

Any suggestions ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
    I follow the coast line along in the breaking zone doing some jumping but more about surfing/playing on the waves anything from 2' to 8' they are all good. Running along the top as they break. Crossing them forwards and backwards. Getting into tight spots all the time and need something that is light, maneuverable, and good instant responce acceleration.

I have a 2013 Yamaha VXR now, which has been great, my ski before was a Kawasaki 260x which couldn't surf as well, too heavy or too v nose, I'm not sure which but the lip on the bow would catch an edge turning at the bottom of a wave and roll. The VXR can do this easily and I can't really fault it except maybe a bit more thrust might be handy, and maybe lighter but it's time for a new ski.

Just wondering what is out there now that might be better.

I imagine something lighter with a large diameter jet and a higher gunwale (not sure if that's the right term, a higher lip or edge at the bow)

I'd like good power but don't need supercharged, but that would be ok too, but no turbocharged.

I don't need any gadgets like trim or cruise just a throttle and handlebars.

Any suggestions ?
    My 2013 Yamaha FX Sho does all the things you listed.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    My 2013 Yamaha FX Sho does all the things you listed.
    I did try one back when mine was new it was a bit heavier and not quite as nimble as the vrx but definitely fast.

+1
    The more rocker the better your carve plus some sponsons set all the way down . Try find a next to new wave raider they will keep you in the green room long time woohoo ( barrel aka tube )

+1
    Yamaha FXHO I would suggest

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Yamaha FXHO I would suggest
    I canít really say I agree with you there about that !not because the FX Isnít capable of jumping carving Because it is !!!! not only that itís personally the best open ocean vehicle available on the market in my opinion but the reason I wouldnít get an FX is because of the weight and the length and in the hassle if you just want to play in the waves itís not the right Ski to get in my opinion you be better off to get a brand new EX or something into that effect of Yamahaís entry level skis !! because it doesnít take a whole lot of speed To launch high off the wave it just takes maybe 2 foot of wave or less less and youíll get the bottom of the ski 10 feet in the air easily so yeah you want something on the more light side maybe the smaller in size and that will grant you more agility and control over the of the unit or the boat itself and youíll have fun the time but thatís my thoughts on the matter, And I would most certainly would disagree with the water doctor !!!I definitely do not recommend an FX And thatís based upon the riding style that you had said that you like to do nothing more Aloha brother brother

+1
    When I hear “ocean” and long range....that’s why I suggested it.

Thread Information