Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 VXR V's new gp1800 for surfing

Just talking to people who thrash their skis in and around the breaking zone of waves along the beach.

I have a 2013 VXR the one before all the adjustable everything crap. It's the best thing ive riden in the surf and I love it, it is getting a bit tired and I'm thinking of trading it in on a gp1800.

What do you think of the new ones, forget the power, everyone likes power, but most important to me is that I can really throw the vxr around, the nose doesn't dig in running down a wave and you can actually surf with it. My ski before was a heavy Kawasaki 260x, it was rubbish in the surf because of it's weight and the nose bit in running with the waves.

What do you think.....are the new ones a step backwards ?

I think the gp1800 has a larger diameter jet which would be nice.

Look at Krash industries for an ultimate surf ski!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post

I think you’ve answered your question.

DON’T DO IT, I had a 2012 VXR and beat the crap out of it in the ocean. Never had an issue... Very nimble craft and the hull is much stronger than the new ones...

This is just my opinion, Julio...

+1
    Why not the new vxr? Same hull as the GP but the NA motor same as your current ski.

Have a a look at the EX for a fun surf ski..... but the seadoo spark is ripping it in big waves pulling tricks more like a stand up 180ís nose stabs back flips even! Half the price of a vxr so even itís done for after the warranty you can buy another and still have spent less...

Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    The reaper looks like fun. 18lt of fuel might be a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I think you’ve answered your question.

DON’T DO IT, I had a 2012 VXR and beat the crap out of it in the ocean. Never had an issue... Very nimble craft and the hull is much stronger than the new ones...

This is just my opinion, Julio...
    I was thinking that too but mine has started taking on water. Replaced all the hoses and clamps, still does, I'm not sure where it's comming from.

Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Why not the new vxr? Same hull as the GP but the NA motor same as your current ski.

Have a a look at the EX for a fun surf ski..... but the seadoo spark is ripping it in big waves pulling tricks more like a stand up 180’s nose stabs back flips even! Half the price of a vxr so even it’s done for after the warranty you can buy another and still have spent less...
    I rode the one after mine with the reverse switch and trim tab and it wasn't anywhere near as good, it seemed more cruiser than sport. Not sure if the new ones are more sport, doesn't sound like it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
    I rode the one after mine with the reverse switch and trim tab and it wasn't anywhere near as good, it seemed more cruiser than sport. Not sure if the new ones are more sport, doesn't sound like it.
    GP is same hull just more power.........try an exr....

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Intake grate and/or ride plate mounts are known to develop leak on older VXR. Some have needed to reseal transoms on newer models, not sure if that would apply as a possible place of leak on your model or not.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185937

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    Intake grate and/or ride plate mounts are known to develop leak on older VXR. Some have needed to reseal transoms on newer models, not sure if that would apply as a possible place of leak on your model or not.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185937
    Thanks Luke

Your link works but the links in that thread don't, reading the thread it is possible this is what's happening to me.

How to I test it, where do I look and do I have to be going for the water to get in ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information