Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
    Thanks Luke

Your link works but the links in that thread don't, reading the thread it is possible this is what's happening to me.

How to I test it, where do I look and do I have to be going for the water to get in ?
    Just had a look at mine, the number on the back ends in 414.....April 2014 ? I guess, can't find any other plate that has a date on it.

If so it sounds like this issue was fixed by then ?

+1
    414 means made in 2014 and 2014 model ski
    There is a letter in front of 4
    Thatís the month it was made

3. +1 by:

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Yeah the links were to aftermarket mounts that are no longer made and carried in the greenhulk store. You may reach out to Jerry/Mr. Greenhulk and see if he still has any. If not you can order replacement oem and reseal. Your current ones may be fine and just need cleaned up and resealed.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....20PLATE%20ASSY

Here is a thread on transom, 5200 or right stuff should be fine with mounts as well.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210096

Can put water in hull with it dry and on trailer and see if any water comes out to track down leak. Also can leave strapped down to trailer and back it in water with seats off submerged some and see if can find any water coming in. Some leaks will only show up when moving on water and are harder to track down, others have mounted go pros in hull to find mystery leaks with success. The transom is one that seems to seperate and leak around hose inserts under load at speed. Hope this helps.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    Yeah the links were to aftermarket mounts that are no longer made and carried in the greenhulk store. You may reach out to Jerry/Mr. Greenhulk and see if he still has any. If not you can order replacement oem and reseal. Your current ones may be fine and just need cleaned up and resealed.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....20PLATE%20ASSY

Here is a thread on transom, 5200 or right stuff should be fine with mounts as well.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210096

Can put water in hull with it dry and on trailer and see if any water comes out to track down leak. Also can leave strapped down to trailer and back it in water with seats off submerged some and see if can find any water coming in. Some leaks will only show up when moving on water and are harder to track down, others have mounted go pros in hull to find mystery leaks with success. The transom is one that seems to seperate and leak around hose inserts under load at speed. Hope this helps.

Great idea filling it with water, thanks, worked a treat.

Water poured out the back of the grate near the two bolt heads.

I spoke to the dealer who said it sounds like the bearing housing and will be very expensive to fix.

I started a new thread about the bearing housing because I hope it could also be other things. I'm on an island and it costs around $500 to take the ski off and back on the island so I'm hoping it might be something I can fix here ?

Thanks
    Dave

Thanks all, I'm going to keep mine for a bit longer. The leek was comming from the flush valve connection, so simple fix. Sounds like I have the right ski for the job.

Saved some $$$ too, more rum for me!

Thanks again
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
    Thanks all, I'm going to keep mine for a bit longer. The leek was comming from the flush valve connection, so simple fix. Sounds like I have the right ski for the job.

Saved some $$$ too, more rum for me!

Thanks again
    Dave
    Cool man! More rum is good

9. +1 by:

I wouldnít buy a gp1800 or vxr solely for wave jumping in the ocean. You can buy something at half the cost like a spark or EX and play around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information