Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reliable powerful rental pwc

Hi,
    i have a rental house in Florida at a canal conecting to the gulf of mexico. At this time i have a 2006 powerboat which is only used by me. I'm down there 2 times a year for 2 weeks, so the boat sits on the lift. Everytime i come down there something is broken due to nobody uses it.
    Right now i'm selling the boat and had the idea to buy 2 nearly new 300hp sea doo and put them in the garage while i'm not there. But if you do not use the toys they don't get better and it's a little waste of money to use them 4 of 52 weeks a year.
    I have an empty boat dock and could buy 2 new pwc's and rent them to the house renters. In this case they would pay by their self. But.... and now the key question.... which pwc shall i buy? For me i would take the sea doo 300s, for rental a cheap 110hp yamaha? I would not be happy with a 110hp pwc and the 300s are perhaps not the best for rental newbies and perhaps these are not the most reliable pwc's.
    What would you buy???

+1
    WOW!-I hope you're not serious about lending a 300 HP Sea-Doo to someone. I doubt you could get insurance. These are seriously fast machines. I have a house on a canal on Estero Island and two PWC. I would NEVER let someone I didn't know use them. They require extra care after use because of the salt water and there are numerous shallow areas and reefs that would easily damage a pump if driven over. If the renters want to go out on a PWC there are several rental agencies on the beach and I believe the ECUs are programmed to limit the speeds to 35-40 MPH.

Hehe, no, thats it, i can not rent a 300 and i don't want to ride a 110hp when i'm there. Perhaps a VXR would be an idea....

+1
    Yamaha vx the tr-1 for rental, the HO cruiser for you.....

or seadoo gti 90 but boring......

+1
    Iím thinking that if you rent anything it will be broken when you want it and would get really beat-up. As it is you are leaving the boat there all year to use for your 4 weeks, why not skis?

+1
    Seadoo is selling a GTI 130 Pro this year. Specifically designed for rentals.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Another thing to look at is insurance. I doubt your insurance company would be too keen on renting out your skis. Or your insurance rates would be through the roof. But I would not rent any ski to anyone unless you really don’t care about it being beat to hell. Then the times you would want to use it would probably be spent fixing damaged skis

If i buy two 300's for me and let them sit in my garage i'm a little bit concerned it makes problems because nobody uses it.
    Of course the renters will break some parts, but there is a damage deposit. You have to change your mind and do not care about it as it would be your personal toy. They pay for themself, damages, repairs, maintenance....
    You can rent my house in high season for 149/day and you will not get a pwc for less than this. What costs a house and what a pwc....
    I had seadoo 185 and 255hp and i think the 185 was a little slow for me. I'm not sure if a vx cruiser ho is what i want. A gtr 230 would be a little bit faster, but i think less reliable.
    I will ask the insurance what they want for a rental pwc.

+1
    VXR probably the fastest 3up pwc without a supercharger runs regular fuel renters won’t shell out for premium octane....vx ho same ski with cruise and no trim but often cheaper....

Reliable powerful rental pwc

Damaging the watercraft would be my last concern. Who do you think is going to get sued if somebody gets hurt? Either the operator, or worse, an innocent bystander. What happen when they crash it into somebody elseís boat? Do you think they are going to sue the renters for the owner of the watercraft?
    Who is going to be there to give them proper training? Or are you just planning on handing the keys over to an inexperienced operator?

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information