Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva rear exit exhaust on FX SVHO

Hi All,

im fitting the riva rear exit exhaust, holes drill etc the ring is a pain to get on the rear of the hull, I can get a few screws to tighten but not all, is it me or are some of the screws to short in the kit?

Cheers,

Al

RIVA YAMAHA Rear Exhaust Kit 2012+ FX SHO/SVHO & FX-HO

Our rear exhaust kit delivers performance and cutting-edge style. Allows for removal of restrictive sound suppression system located between water...
    RY15070 $359.95

Quick update got the 3 bottom screws in perfectly the 3 top ones the riva screws don’t seem long enough to bite in the back ring only just anyone else had to get slightly longer screws ?

+1
    After installing too many of these, here is the trick. After making sure all holes are drilled in proper location through the outlet pipe, remove the outlet pipe and use about 2 drill bit size larger than the screws and the screw fits loosely in the holes. This allows room for error of fitment and better alignment. Buy 2 longer screws with same thread but about 3 inches long. Use these in the ring that is installed inside the hull and install the ring with the 3 inch bolts protruding out of the rear of the hull. It allows you to hold the ring in place while screwing in the remaining screws from the outside. Once you have all screws loosely in place, remove the two 3 inch screws and loosely screw in the final 2 screws. Once all screws were loosely screwed in place carefully snug them all up.
    I highly advise using generous amount of RightStuff to install the outlet pipe and no rubber gasket. This has worked perfectly in all of my installs and eliminates the rubber gasket squeezing out. Hope this makes sense.

Perfect thank you ring now on with your tips, now to try to get the slicone coupler on the the outlet !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamdude View Post
    Perfect thank you ring now on with your tips, now to try to get the slicone coupler on the the outlet !
    Great! Glad I could help.

Tip for that, hold your breath, crawl deep into the ski, and install by feel. It sucks!! I suggest installing coupler onto the exit tip and clamp first, then install the rear exhaust tube onto the coupler. Make sure the coupler and pipes are clean and free of any grease.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181201_165529.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	443471  

Cheers will try now, really struggling to get coupler on the exit tip lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamdude View Post
    Cheers will try now, really struggling to get coupler on the exit tip lol
    you can put the coupler in boiling pot of water for a little to soften it up some. You can also spray the pipes and inside the couple with a glass cleaner. It helps slide on and also acts like a glue afterwards when it dried.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 01-10-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Will boil it in a mo and try that it’s so far back in the hull beginning to wish I left the freeflow in but hated the drone !

Close but not quite I’ll try again tomorrow I just can’t get in the hull enough lol

Result got the rear coupler fully on now struggling to do the jublie clip up on the exhaust exit Christ these hulls are deep.

3hrs later still no further forward got the jubliee clip on but can’t get socket or spanner on as clip turns and can’t hold it in place....grrr wish I had not started this ! will have to book it in to a local Jetski workshop to see if they can finish the install
    Last edited by Yamdude; 01-12-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information