Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ball bearing PTO dude and rxp300 dude

Hi everyone

I'm rebuilding a 2002 4tec GTX and I have a question because is my first time.

Is about Ball Bearing of PTO when I remove it I found 2 o-rings and really I don't know how it fit. I guess is only put o-rings in the axle and introduce the axle. But I bought a new one from WSM (003-408-01) and It come with O-rings on interior of bearing (attach photo) so... I guess is a new system and I don't need put O-rings first in the axle or I need put O-ring anyway?

This Photo show BRP parts and You can see O-rings

This one is like I bought where you can sea O-rings inside (Old one don't have a position for o-rings inside)

And last question is about 2016 RXP 300 with 40 hours
    I bought it used (20hours) and when I accelerate from 0 to full throttle it run hard but I feel like "vibration" and don't accelerate as hard as 300 of my friend (don't have that "vibration") That vibration I feel only when accelerate hard when I'm cruising I don't feel it and my 300 go full rpm without problem (only I feel a little bit less top speed (68 mph instead 72-73mph because is international version RS).. what do you thing can be? I think probably wear ring and the vibration is cavitation but I really would like if you can a opinion and if could be a impeller with a little bit deformation or neoprene seal

Thank you in advance guys!

You cannot get the oem parts for the 02 they are discontinued. You must upgrade all the parts. PTO bearing/boot assembly, drive shaft and jet pump( because the driveshaft is shorter) and maybe carbon ring and hat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    You cannot get the oem parts for the 02 they are discontinued. You must upgrade all the parts. PTO bearing/boot assembly, drive shaft and jet pump( because the driveshaft is shorter) and maybe carbon ring and hat as well.
    So newer part is last image that i attached that come with o-ring inside and I only need introduce axle, right?
    Thank you mate

Yes new drive shaft and new PTO assembly. The orings are moved to the PTO bearing and they have different diameter. Also the new axle is shorter which means it doesn’t reach fully into the jet pump. It will work short time only, it will strip the splines from the new axle. You need to also replace the jet pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTe View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm rebuilding a 2002 4tec GTX and I have a question because is my first time.

Is about Ball Bearing of PTO when I remove it I found 2 o-rings and really I don't know how it fit. I guess is only put o-rings in the axle and introduce the axle. But I bought a new one from WSM (003-408-01) and It come with O-rings on interior of bearing (attach photo) so... I guess is a new system and I don't need put O-rings first in the axle or I need put O-ring anyway?

This Photo show BRP parts and You can see O-rings

This one is like I bought where you can sea O-rings inside (Old one don't have a position for o-rings inside)

And last question is about 2016 RXP 300 with 40 hours
    I bought it used (20hours) and when I accelerate from 0 to full throttle it run hard but I feel like "vibration" and don't accelerate as hard as 300 of my friend (don't have that "vibration") That vibration I feel only when accelerate hard when I'm cruising I don't feel it and my 300 go full rpm without problem (only I feel a little bit less top speed (68 mph instead 72-73mph because is international version RS).. what do you thing can be? I think probably wear ring and the vibration is cavitation but I really would like if you can a opinion and if could be a impeller with a little bit deformation or neoprene seal

Thank you in advance guys!
    Your acceleration problem definitely sounds like the wear ring assuming your impeller is OK. If both are damaged, replace both.

+1
    Can you take pictures underneath the ski that clearly show the wear ring and impeller? That would be a big help. I attached a picture of my impeller and wear ring and the ski was having the same symptoms. It doesn't take much on supercharged ski create serious cavitation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImpellerWearRing.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	443475  

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    Yes new drive shaft and new PTO assembly. The orings are moved to the PTO bearing and they have different diameter. Also the new axle is shorter which means it doesn’t reach fully into the jet pump. It will work short time only, it will strip the splines from the new axle. You need to also replace the jet pump.

I'm not sure because I bought the gtx for repair (oil was mixed with water) but maybe drive shaft and pump was updated because I didn't see in the shaft O-rings place... how I could check if was updated? And what happen if pto bearing don't seal good and use it?? could I run the engine without shaft drive for check that engine was repaired good?

Sorry for many question
    Thank you so much friend

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    Can you take pictures underneath the ski that clearly show the wear ring and impeller? That would be a big help. I attached a picture of my impeller and wear ring and the ski was having the same symptoms. It doesn't take much on supercharged ski create serious cavitation.

Here mine. I can see a little bit of deformation in the impeller but maybe it can be straighten and only with wear ring is solved
    What do you think? When I out of water washing sometime I hear like metal sound of brp I know that more or less is normal but i'm thinking we can hear more time that sound if wear ring is bad because impeller have more gap
    Normally when you remove the pump you need change neopreone seal or is not neccesary and only change it when you found in bad condition?

Thank you so much!

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	443485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	443486  

+1
    It doesn't look terrible. The impeller is pretty dinged up especially around 9 o'clock. Hard to tell on the clearance on the wear ring. There should be almost no clearance. I attached 2 pictures. The first is from the manual and it shows how to check clearance. The other is the wear ring from my GTX-260 that was exhibiting the same symptoms. I replaced the wear ring and impeller and the ski is better than new. The new impeller is a Solas.

Name:	impellermanual.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	443496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImpellerWearRing.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	443497  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTe View Post
    I'm not sure because I bought the gtx for repair (oil was mixed with water) but maybe drive shaft and pump was updated because I didn't see in the shaft O-rings place... how I could check if was updated? And what happen if pto bearing don't seal good and use it?? could I run the engine without shaft drive for check that engine was repaired good?

Sorry for many question
    Thank you so much friend
    You can run the engine without the boot and shaft in place ( I have before) but only for a short time. IT WILL LEAK OIL. I made a make shift boot and clamped it on to keep oil in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information