Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    It doesn't look terrible. The impeller is pretty dinged up especially around 9 o'clock. Hard to tell on the clearance on the wear ring. There should be almost no clearance. I attached 2 pictures. The first is from the manual and it shows how to check clearance. The other is the wear ring from my GTX-260 that was exhibiting the same symptoms. I replaced the wear ring and impeller and the ski is better than new. The new impeller is a Solas.
    Yes Isn't terrible, I was a lot of time running and I tought it was normal and pwc run good but if you try a 'good' 300 and later try my 300 you feel the difference

Do you think that impeller was dinged before that wear ring? I guess should damage wear ring but really i can't apreciate with photo

when I remove the pump alway i need replace the neoprene seal or normally you can use again?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    You can run the engine without the boot and shaft in place ( I have before) but only for a short time. IT WILL LEAK OIL. I made a make shift boot and clamped it on to keep oil in
    I check and 100% sure I have new shaft so it fit perfect with new ball bearing the problem is about pump beacuse I don't know if is the 2002 or it was changed I check pump reference and is 271 001 290 (plastic and inside 10 steel vanes) but I can't check if is 2002 because sea doo online parts show that 2002 reference was "271 001 288" so i don't know if was changed or no... how could check? maybe the difference is only impeller?

+1
    That ski is 17 years old. If you aren't certain it has been replaced in the last few years you should have a new one. If it pliable and undamaged, it can be reused.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTe View Post
    Yes Isn't terrible, I was a lot of time running and I tought it was normal and pwc run good but if you try a 'good' 300 and later try my 300 you feel the difference

Do you think that impeller was dinged before that wear ring? I guess should damage wear ring but really i can't apreciate with photo

when I remove the pump alway i need replace the neoprene seal or normally you can use again?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information