Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,627
    +1
    170

    ARP (168-5501) Main Stud Kit

    any one use ARP (168-5501) Main Stud Kit over the oem bolts?


  2. #2
    Chrisx88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    60
    +1
    3
    Ive got them on my newly rebuilt 05 RXT. I used ARP bolts in everything on motor.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,627
    +1
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisx88 View Post
    Ive got them on my newly rebuilt 05 RXT. I used ARP bolts in everything on motor.
    Did you have to hone the bottom end due to more clamping force ??

  5. #4
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,474
    +1
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Did you have to hone the bottom end due to more clamping force ??

    What do you mean? I used them, didn't do anything special with anything. 3 steps to about 95 ft-lb with the lube.

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,627
    +1
    170

    ARP (168-5501) Main Stud Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    What do you mean? I used them, didn't do anything special with anything. 3 steps to about 95 ft-lb with the lube.
    This kit is not the head stud kit, they are the bottom bolts that hold the bottom half of the engine hence the lower torque , thatís why I asked if any one has used them before, I never noticed they had this kit available .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8295.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	443401

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    103
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    This kit is not the head stud kit, they are the bottom bolts that hold the bottom half of the engine hence the lower torque , that’s why I asked if any one has used them before, I never noticed they had this kit available .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8295.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	443401
    It really doesn't make a difference with replacing the main bolts with ARP
    YES, to the head studs.
    The stock main bottom end bolts (8x bolts) are more then sufficient and reusable.
    I once tried the ARP connecting rod bolts, it distorted the large connecting rod end so I used the stock bolts, instead of honing the large ends, which again are more then adequate but not reusable..

  9. #7
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,627
    +1
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    It really doesn't make a difference with replacing the main bolts with ARP
    YES, to the head studs.
    The stock main bottom end bolts (8x bolts) are more then sufficient and reusable.
    I once tried the ARP connecting rod bolts, it distorted the large connecting rod end so I used the stock bolts, instead of honing the large ends, which again are more then adequate but not reusable..
    So in other words itís just an overkill .

  10. #8
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,474
    +1
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    This kit is not the head stud kit, they are the bottom bolts that hold the bottom half of the engine hence the lower torque , that’s why I asked if any one has used them before, I never noticed they had this kit available .

    Ah ok misread that, their not stretch bolts so I never even though of looking at aftermarket for those. Good to know something is available.

  11. #9
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,316
    +1
    564
    many times they distort and you will have to align hone. Only way to know is to install bearings, torque and use a dial bore gauge to check for out of roundness.

  12. #10
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,627
    +1
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    many times they distort and you will have to align hone. Only way to know is to install bearings, torque and use a dial bore gauge to check for out of roundness.
    Stock it is then .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ARP Head stud question???
    By Jkmike in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-01-2017, 03:39 PM
  2. FS <<<< Engine upgrade parts | Riva valve train kit, ARP Head stud kit >>>>>
    By Gus13letter in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 05:25 AM
  3. FS - Parts Brand new ARP 1/2" stud kit
    By Slow 91 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 09:25 PM
  4. FS Arp head stud kit
    By mitch411RXP in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 09:03 AM
  5. ARP Head Stud Kit question!!
    By jetskibum1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •