Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky STX-15F View Post
    yep, it got cold real quick this year.
    i wanted to ask you about ethanol gas, i plan on using non-ethanol fuel but it can be hard to find unless you use premium gas. what did you run?
    i ordered two new Kawasaki oil filters and a vacuum oil sucker so that should help with oil changes.
    one more question and i'll leave you alone, have the bearings on the impeller ever been changed? i was thinking of doing a rebuild before spring if needed.
    thanks Chief!
    I have been using regular 87 e-10 in my 15F for the last 7 seasons & it runs the same as 91 non e fuel & it saves me $13 everytime I fill up. This engine is designed for low octane fuel, but DO NOT ever store any recreational vehicle with ethanol fuel in it. If you are only going to use the ski one a month then I wouldn't recommend using it either, it degrades too fast. In fall I suck out what is left & put a couple gallons of non e fuel in it with Sea Foam.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    I have been using regular 87 e-10 in my 15F for the last 7 seasons & it runs the same as 91 non e fuel & it saves me $13 everytime I fill up. This engine is designed for low octane fuel, but DO NOT ever store any recreational vehicle with ethanol fuel in it. If you are only going to use the ski one a month then I wouldn't recommend using it either, it degrades too fast. In fall I suck out what is left & put a couple gallons of non e fuel in it with Sea Foam.
    Good info neighbor!
    i plan on running it a lot so i'll try both and see. i need premium for my boat so its not too much trouble to just buy more...$$$!
    i have several five gallon gas cans i fill up for the boat (and now ski) i run the Sta-bil 360 which is good stuff.
    I dont know where Random Lake is but if your in the area give a holler!

+1
    I'm about 25 minutes north of Milwaukee, but I don't ride in my hometown anymore, I've been going to 2 lakes within an hour drive. Not sure if I will this summer, the 15F is for sale I already sold the go fast parts off of it, not enough time anymore.

+1
    Madison area for me, my boss is from Sheboygan so i'm guessing that area for you.
    havent decided if i will get a boat lift or trailer it each time. i do have a 100' pier so pretty sure i'll get/build a lift.
    too bad about the go fast parts! always looking to upgrade but for these ski's not much out there. thanks!
    p.s. remember you need to make time for fun, nobody will give it to you.

I am also in the Southeast area of Wisconsin. I have a place just South of Milwaukee in Muskego on the lake but do most of my riding in central Wisconsin on Fox Lake and Lake Winnebago. I think some sort of get together once the ice is off should be set up. Who's up for it.

+1
    I live in Kenosha, WI and ride mostly lakes close by, but go up for a week every year to Eagle River and stay on the chain of lakes. In the past, and looking forward to going to ride the upper WIs Dells. Lower Dells is nice too.

Where did you launch in the Dells? Upper? Lower? Have always wanted to but never got the logistics right.

+1
    Get a Wisconsin Dells vacation guide book, they have a map of the dells. For Upper Dells.... From 90/94 exit 87 is rt 13, take that over the DAM turn left on River Rd. Boat Landing and parking will be on left about 1 mile or so down River Rd. That map in guide will show the other boat landings for Lower dells

+1
    Nice, When did Kawasaki STX 15F come with 1 piece seat? Mine is 2 pieces...

+1
    2006 was the first year for the 2-piece seat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information