Post 2004 215 RXP needing help to create a reliable ski

I am new to this site and i have a 04 RXP with 120 hours i rebuilt the supercharger, changed the oil & filter, plugs, & wear ring. can someone please give me details of what else I should do to make this ski mechanically sound?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timster215 View Post
    I am new to this site and i have a 04 RXP with 120 hours i rebuilt the supercharger, changed the oil & filter, plugs, & wear ring. can someone please give me details of what else I should do to make this ski mechanically sound?
    Its always a good idea to check the alignment with its age and hours.. Bolts loosen up ..

valves

+1
    A 2004, well rebuilt super charger with latest kit (not just the washers) I know you said rebuilt but not sure to what extent you did
    Replace the Valves, as they tend to break on that model year (if you don't, the ski would be trashed if one breaks)
    Replace flywheel bolts with the ARP or stronger ones, again if it fails, engine trashed.
    Oil and filter change, use the new style filter from the 300's as is a stronger filter and less prone to collapse.
    New spark plugs

Now timing chain might be a good idea, but that would require engine dissasembly to change. (can't be changed without splitting cases.)
    Intercooler, if stock should be cleanded and pressure tested, if salt water used, good idea to replace.

Hull, new carbons seal, bellows, C clip and hat are in order (observe the old one that it was wearing even, if so good, if not engine alignment needed.
    Check pump bearings for water intrusion and smoothness
    Wear ring, if damaged, should be replaced
    Impeller, clean up any nicks and replace if bent.
    Grease drive shaft splines when pump removed.
    Check bottom of hull for delamination, or soft spots,if any pressent, sell the ski for parts as it probably not worth fixing
    Check for leaks both with ski sitting in water and underway.
    Double zip tie the bailer tubes.
    Electrical, check all connections for corrosion, apply dilectric grease and be sure all seals are in place.

Thats a start but most important to a relable ski is a pre ride inspection. check oil and coolant before every ride
    Visually inspect inside ski for all connections and cables are operating correctly
    Battery fully charged and connections clean and tight
    Once started, alow the engine to idle for a few min to warm up and oil to get to superchager bearings, don't ever start cold and nail the throttle until it has time to get to operating temp. Visual check for leaks.

Thread Information