Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Problem solved! Cam sensor was bad.
    So to everyone out there with a Honda aquatrax with no spark. Check the cam sensor

2. +1 by:

2007 Honda aquatrax fx12 turbo- no spark

Just an update on my Honda aquatrax. So I tried to run Blue Devil through my cooling system for 50 min. To seal up my engine block water leak in the block and cooling system. After I ran the ski for 50 min with the blue devil running through the block I shut the system down. Changed the oil and tried to restart. Would NOT restart. Didnít get any spark. So then I took the ski to a jet ski repair guy. He figured out my calm sensor went bad. So he replaced that and boom. Engine is running again. Plugged the ski with the water hose and still had a small water leak coming from the block. So I guess the Blue Devil didnít do the job.

So for the 3rd time I have taken the engine back out of the ski and I am replacing with an SBT replacement block.

Just received my flywheel puller so I am working on taking the old block apart and putting on the replacement block!

Wish me luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kauaiguy View Post
    Just an update on my Honda aquatrax. So I tried to run Blue Devil through my cooling system for 50 min. To seal up my engine block water leak in the block and cooling system. After I ran the ski for 50 min with the blue devil running through the block I shut the system down. Changed the oil and tried to restart. Would NOT restart. Didnít get any spark. So then I took the ski to a jet ski repair guy. He figured out my calm sensor went bad. So he replaced that and boom. Engine is running again. Plugged the ski with the water hose and still had a small water leak coming from the block. So I guess the Blue Devil didnít do the job.

So for the 3rd time I have taken the engine back out of the ski and I am replacing with an SBT replacement block.

Just received my flywheel puller so I am working on taking the old block apart and putting on the replacement block!

Wish me luck
    Let us know your results 🤙🏼

Update 2/6/2019:
    I received a new engine block from SBT. Only took 2 days air from Florida to Kauai, Hawaii. Pretty amazing speed.

Took the oil tank, crank case gears, electrical components, manifold off my old block and put it together on the new engine block.

Dropped it back into my ski. BOOM. Ski starts right up!
    Took it on the ocean today and overall it ran great. This is the fierce Napali Coast so it was a bit scary to imagine that the ski breaks down in the ocean. Ran the ski for about an hour. On my run the ski powered off probably 3 times. Any ideas? It seemed that it when I accelerated to higher speed it cut the engine? No warning light came on any time.

The jet ski always started right back up. Could it be old gas? I used high octane fuel from Costco. But it probably sat in the jet ski for 2-3 weeks while I rebuilt the motor.

+1
    Yeh thatís hella fast. Good job your up and running , as far as the stalling I donít think that would be the gas seeing that the gas is only about a month old but better to change that out to some fresh gas for preformance and peace of mind.especially in the area where you, I know dude because I ride in the same kind of water And we both know it gets super deep and dark blue!! And the currents run strong and fast

The engine was cutting out like I pushed the stop button. Just cut off immediately and no alarm or indication. I could immediately power the engine back on but I am hoping someone has had a similar issue and might have advise. I thought maybe I was pushing the stop button on accident but I was running it again and when I accelerated above 3500 rpm the engine cut off.

Keep me posted if any one has any thoughts.

Thanks

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Probably something in your engine wire harness or a loose battery connection

+1
    You find fix .......... brah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information