Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    4

    2004 Polaris msx 150 engine will not shut down

    Bought unit couple weeks ago. Sitting for 12 years. Sucked up rope in drive unit and ripped pto drive shaft and hull feed thru with driveshaft from hull. Trying to get engine working before reattach mount and driveshaft. Had to remove fuel pump and got it working. Engines starts now but goes to full throttle +7000 rpm unless got in rev, than limiter 3400 rpm. Will not shut down when pull tether/or hold stop button. System ohms out from + pwr side of stop /tether switch to pin H of SIFB, hold stop swicth of pull tether will remove pwr. Have not checked to B4 of ECU 200 plug yet. Any ideas??? Why not shutdown???? Why max RPM after start. Jet removed and connect water hose to inlet water cooling port during short runs. Help PWC has only 50.2 hrs and super clean inside.

  2. #2
    Moderator HiPeRcO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,670
    +1
    192
    Welcome! Your SIFB is bad. It can be bypassed with a paperclip but then you lose reverse limit. Revving sky high out of the water is typical, it will be fine in the water.

    Be sure to understand the critical alignment needed when replacing the through hull bearing.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    4

    msx150 not shutdown/run away engine

    Quote Originally Posted by gs2flyboy View Post
    Bought unit couple weeks ago. Sitting for 12 years. Sucked up rope in drive unit and ripped pto drive shaft and hull feed thru with driveshaft from hull. Trying to get engine working before reattach mount and driveshaft. Had to remove fuel pump and got it working. Engines starts now but goes to full throttle +7000 rpm unless got in rev, than limiter 3400 rpm. Will not shut down when pull tether/or hold stop button. System ohms out from + pwr side of stop /tether switch to pin H of SIFB, hold stop swicth of pull tether will remove pwr. Have not checked to B4 of ECU 200 plug yet. Any ideas??? Why not shutdown???? Why max RPM after start. Jet removed and connect water hose to inlet water cooling port during short runs. Help PWC has only 50.2 hrs and super clean inside.
    Thanks for help,but SIFB also controls Eng Tach signal, and shows to control the main PWR relay input Pin 11 to relay, output of Relay Pin 2 and controls internally of PWR relay all Fuel injectors, Fuel pump,Ign coil, wastegate solenoid,Lambda sensor controls.

    Would Weberpower BT-5033 fix issue , but than removes the time delay PWR up function of leaving tether in?????

    Anyone have input????
    Also my complete pto drive line is removed due to hull / drive shaft mount seperation. Just think engine would not go full throttle with no control.

  4. #4
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,414
    +1
    1,476
    I have a brand new oem SIFB and a used good one if you are looking for one

  5. #5
    Moderator HiPeRcO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,670
    +1
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by gs2flyboy View Post
    Thanks for help,but SIFB also controls Eng Tach signal, and shows to control the main PWR relay input Pin 11 to relay, output of Relay Pin 2 and controls internally of PWR relay all Fuel injectors, Fuel pump,Ign coil, wastegate solenoid,Lambda sensor controls.

    Would Weberpower BT-5033 fix issue , but than removes the time delay PWR up function of leaving tether in?????

    Anyone have input????
    Also my complete pto drive line is removed due to hull / drive shaft mount seperation. Just think engine would not go full throttle with no control.
    THIS POST describes how to bypass the SIFB. Everything will work fine except for reverse limit (you won't have it) and you will run down the battery if you don't remove the lanyard. I recommend you focus on the driveline issues first. Is the hull itself damaged where the through hull bearing mounts? (Perhaps you can post some pictures of your issue(s)?

  6. #6
    Ye Ol Salty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    90
    +1
    5
    where do you live?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    4

    MSX 150 run aeway engine / stop button will not kill engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Ye Ol Salty Dog View Post
    where do you live?
    Hey guys, thanks for help and input. I live south of Houston, Tx. Had boats with outboards for years, first PWC. Work on aircraft professionally . Thought I could repair this unit and get running. I am aware of the drive line alignment per manual. I am trying to come up with drive shaft spline female to fabricate tool to remove pto coupling. Also need to remove inlet grate and guessing skid plate, due to broken inlet grate. Pulled skid plate bolts put need to cut sealant loose.
    I am still questioning why engine runs 3400RPM in rev mode and over 7000 rpm in FWD??? even with drive line remove, would think eng would run below red line. No load know would idle hi. Saw a guy on Utube running his on trailer out of water after cleaning intake sensors and think I saw around 1800rpm idle. I need any input you guys have. As a mechanic I know how to listen , but might have questions. Spline is 7/8 " 20 teeth. Have a great day. Feed me info. No one around here will work on Polaris PWC .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polarismsx150e.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	443392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polarismsx150.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	443393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polarismsx150 (2).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	443394  

  8. #8
    Moderator HiPeRcO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,670
    +1
    192
    To remove the coupler it is best to use a coupler tool, discussed HERE

    Trust us, the sky high revving out of the water is completely normal (and extremely annoying) (unless you live in a magical place called Zachland...an inside joke, lol)

    Hard RPM limit is 7800...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    4
    Hey there, you still have SIFB ? I still have drive line issue to fix. My Mom was from Milwaukee, many times as kids up there to visit from Dayton , Oh. I need to fabricate coupler tool to remove driveshaft from pto coupler. See PW-47166 tool . That would still just stress two fingers. I am going to have 4 to 6 and transfer load . Have found alot of good input from you active guys. Thanks for help. Jeff 8322566435

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    149
    +1
    17

    Coupler Removal Tool

    Quote Originally Posted by gs2flyboy View Post
    Hey there, you still have SIFB ? I still have drive line issue to fix. My Mom was from Milwaukee, many times as kids up there to visit from Dayton , Oh. I need to fabricate coupler tool to remove driveshaft from pto coupler. See PW-47166 tool . That would still just stress two fingers. I am going to have 4 to 6 and transfer load . Have found alot of good input from you active guys. Thanks for help. Jeff 8322566435
    http://www.weberpower.com/tools-webe...oval-tool.html


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 09:25 PM
  4. 2004 polaris msx 150
    By gtile04 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •