Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

+1
    for IBR without LTS you have to open IBR, solder two cables here on the photo, then put temperature sensor on water pipes (as for gtx 2013) it works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-56609458.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	462439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-2000115390.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	462438  

2. +1 by:

+1
    Wow!!

that is awesome information! How did you ever figure that out!?

would you mind posting slightly more zoomed in photos of where to solder? It hate to mess it up!

thanks again.

Dave

+1
    a friend on facebook in china gave me pictures of an IBR with sensor, then I tried on my jet I have an X counter

Name:	90633017_1316678041999317_4533640316560867328_n.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	462477  

+1
    This guy?

Name:	082DD078-B4F3-4CDF-A33D-A074CDC0EFC9.png 
Views:	295 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	462495  

+1
    yes !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    DR2006RXP and I tried to look into this. DR2006RXP Did most of the work. But ill tell you what we found.

He wired in a lake temp sensor and it made the lake temp appear on the dash on a non x model dash. Did not work on a x dash.

In my work on the x dash i can tell you that the x dash is looking for the lake temp to be sent by the IBR not the ECU.

So it appears if you wire in a sensor and have a non x dash it will work. But with a x dash it will not.

When i have time ill look into making this work as another feature of DashFlash. But as for now lake temp works the same as original when we DashFlash it.

We are starting to create versions of DashFlash for none x dash as I type.

Andy
    Andy,
    I made a kit for a lake temp sensor and connected it to the b e2 and b g2 for a 15 GTI 155 SE with IBR. The sensor when connected to the engine temp harness connector reads correctly. So I know wires and sensor work. In the advanced tab on buds the lake temp was already selected. Even with a removal and reflashing it back in it does not read in the 'display' on the dash. It is the basic screen without the analog tach and speedo needles. I'm guessing the display is not capable of displaying lake temp. I did select in the advanced tab engine temp, top speed, top rpm, ski mode, altitude and even wired in the depth sensor. Any idea on what could be going on?
    Tks
    Tom

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TAB686 View Post
    Andy,
    I made a kit for a lake temp sensor and connected it to the b e2 and b g2 for a 15 GTI 155 SE with IBR. The sensor when connected to the engine temp harness connector reads correctly. So I know wires and sensor work. In the advanced tab on buds the lake temp was already selected. Even with a removal and reflashing it back in it does not read in the 'display' on the dash. It is the basic screen without the analog tach and speedo needles. I'm guessing the display is not capable of displaying lake temp. I did select in the advanced tab engine temp, top speed, top rpm, ski mode, altitude and even wired in the depth sensor. Any idea on what could be going on?
    Tks
    Tom
    Tks for answering me from my email message.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TAB686 View Post
    Andy,
    Tks
    Tom
    it doesn't work that way, nor am I able to get it to work that way

So help me understand. You solder the wires to the board on the ibr then run them through the ibr and connect the lake temp there? So you need to drill a hole in the ibr to get the wires through? I have been searching the hulk I swear a while ago somone made this work but I can’t find the thread. I would like to upgrade my ibr for a few reasons main one is it creates a bottleneck for the open loop system and my ibr works but is janky trimming up and down especially under power. Everything else on my ski is upgraded so might as well do this. I like having the lake temp sensor especially for tuning to compare it to air intake temps. I do have a dashflash and I think it’s a fairly recent build of the flash and I also have the newer dash with a decimal on my 2010 so I’m curious if it will work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    So help me understand. You solder the wires to the board on the ibr then run them through the ibr and connect the lake temp there? So you need to drill a hole in the ibr to get the wires through? I have been searching the hulk I swear a while ago somone made this work but I canít find the thread. I would like to upgrade my ibr for a few reasons main one is it creates a bottleneck for the open loop system and my ibr works but is janky trimming up and down especially under power. Everything else on my ski is upgraded so might as well do this. I like having the lake temp sensor especially for tuning to compare it to air intake temps. I do have a dashflash and I think itís a fairly recent build of the flash and I also have the newer dash with a decimal on my 2010 so Iím curious if it will work.
    hello, I think this is where you saw it, you have to drill the ibr and connect the wires and you will have it on the cluster, for my part it still works

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information