Jet pump reducer ring

My ski was originally a 215hp with the yellow reducer ring installed from factory. I noticed it's beat up last time I changed my impellor. I'm going to replace soon. Should I upgrade to the green reducer ring now since I'm running 255/260 hp with extra piping installed with fizzle, strainer etc. Ive had a couple high exhaust temp warnings, but seems to be from a slightly clogged strainer screen from only running about 5 hours after cleaning screen from last outing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Night-Rida View Post
    My ski was originally a 215hp with the yellow reducer ring installed from factory. I noticed it's beat up last time I changed my impellor. I'm going to replace soon. Should I upgrade to the green reducer ring now since I'm running 255/260 hp with extra piping installed with fizzle, strainer etc. Ive had a couple high exhaust temp warnings, but seems to be from a slightly clogged strainer screen from only running about 5 hours after cleaning screen from last outing.
    Green reducer should have been installed when an external intercooler was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Green reducer should have been installed when an external intercooler was installed.
    Thanks, will get one installed. Gives me a reason to change my old wear ring at the same time.

Thread Information