+1

2017 ex deluxe questions

Iíve got a 2017 ex deluxe I was cruising in the keys yesterday and hit a patch of seaweed that had something in it and chipped my impeller up pretty bad so it needs to be replaced. Anybody have any experience doing that on these? Iíve looked on YouTube and I find stuff for the box and gp1800 but nothing for this one. Iím also curious if itís worth getting it tuned and doing a better pitched impeller if I already have to take the pump apart. Any help is greatly appreciated

+1
    Very little if any benefit tuning the EX's.

Id talk to a Yamaha dealer and see if theyve done it and ask them how similar it is to a different model. And As said above with a tune, impeller, exhaust and maybe a ribbon delete you might gain 5mph but youd be spending a lot of money for little gain.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Yamaha now also makes the EXR model, with higher performance than EX.

Have a look at the differences relative to your model, and consider the EXR to be near the upper range of what is possible with a modified EX.

The EXR is made with NanoXcel 2 hull material, which is lighter weight and part of the reason the EXR is quicker and faster than the EX hull.

You can also look at what Riva's tuning kits promise for the EX vs. the costs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DOSCADENA View Post
    I’ve got a 2017 ex deluxe I was cruising in the keys yesterday and hit a patch of seaweed that had something in it and chipped my impeller up pretty bad so it needs to be replaced. Anybody have any experience doing that on these? I’ve looked on YouTube and I find stuff for the box and gp1800 but nothing for this one. I’m also curious if it’s worth getting it tuned and doing a better pitched impeller if I already have to take the pump apart. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Contrary to what's been said here, the EX comes alive bigtime with a tune and the other supporting modifications. With the simple stage 1 kit they gain 5 mph. 5 mph gain on a ski, especially an EX is pretty significant.

Have a look at the stage 1 kit here in the GreenHulk store. Use the discount code: greenhulk and you will save $174 off the listed price. Plus, no sales tax like you would have if you bought directly from Riva Watch the video in the below link as well.
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=5434

The Stage 1 kit comes with a new replacement impeller, power filter, free flow exhaust and also the MaptunerX tuning bundle package.

All of the parts are also sold individually on this page of the GreenHulk store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...x&cPath=16_274

Hope that helps!
    Jerry

+1
    The tr-1 motor in the ex is less powerful than the one in the vx....... so certainly gains to be had what a prop without support tune and mods will do you won’t know until you try. Still a very new motor compared to the 1800 so bound to be less info he 1800 has been modded for 10years now the tr-1 is on,y just in it’s 3rd year of production.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D2531EA-51B8-431A-B761-32291DAC07AF.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	443602  

+1
    Sorry that happened. Most of us have been in your shoes.

See if insurance will repair once you know cost. Sell it and buy a new EXR. You will likely be ahead of whatever mods can do for about the same price difference....then again....maybe not. Just a guess.

+1
    I’ve seen the stage 1 kit it’s not worth the money to me I’m more curious if I should buy the upgraded impeller for a stock tune more than anything now. I know this thing won’t be a rocket by any means I just want a little more pep for wave jumping

Thread Information