2019 fx svho engine fault

Hey

my new ski (2019 fxsvho) started beeping at me while doing the flush . went great on the water. was doing wash down and it come up with check engine
    ydis: 1
    obd:spn0

any ideas ? can i fix myself ? want to use over holiday period if possible

tia

solid

Quote Originally Posted by solid concrete View Post
    Hey

my new ski (2019 fxsvho) started beeping at me while doing the flush . went great on the water. was doing wash down and it come up with check engine
    ydis: 1
    obd:spn0

any ideas ? can i fix myself ? want to use over holiday period if possible

tia

solid
    Hi

I dont have the codes but check you have water comming out of the pisser. If water pressure is low and\or your ski is at an angle then water wont come out of the pisser and the ski can overheat. I even had some little spiders put crap in the pisser outlet once and had to poke it out to get it flowing again, but my ski had been stored over the winter for sometime.
    Post some more info, does the engine beep when cold. ie first seconds after start or after a minute when it warms up?
    Someone smarter then me will be along soon to get you going.

Happy New Year,

Dave
    Sydney Aus.

cheers Dave

ski was on slight angle . new as to this "pisser" do you mean water pilot outlet or jet nozzle? i dont have the best water pressure at home around 8.5 lpm . it was coming out of the jet nozzle but not water pilot outlet . the warning comes on as soon as computer turns on and im to scared to start it again . maybe i should park level and retry flush ? or will a yamaha service place need to put code in to turn off alarm ? the over heat light never came on .

Hi Solid

Yes, that is very low water pressure but the Ski should not alarm when cold on or off the water. Takes a minute or more for an engine without water (at idle) to get hot enough to alarm so I suspect something else is the cause.
    The "pisser" is the small outlet on the port side (L/H) which should flow under decent water pressure when the ski is level.
    Only other time I get an alarm when cleaning is the fuel level is low and you get the beeping and flashing fuel icon on the dash, pressing both bottons on the dash stops the beeping. The low fuel arms sounds at roughly quarter of a tank, so you have plenty of fuel left to get back to the ramp if out and about.
    Lots of posts regarding error codes on this forum so worth having browse.
    In the mean time, just check the basics so you have some piece of mind and you can say you checked them if anyone else asks here.
    Check oil on dipstick for correct level and that oil is not milky, great indicator of something wrong. Pull your spark plugs and check, none are not loose, broken or fouled in anyway. Plugs should not be oily or sooty black and white shows its too lean.
    Again, basic checks is like a health check, checking oil is like checking your blood test as its the life blood of your engine. Spark plugs can give great indication of the combustion inside the engine without fancy gauges.
    Both easy checks and enjoyable, will make you feel better knowing those are good. If they are not as expected then post us again.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks mate yeah checked the above and all good . alarm came on just as about to finish flush so probably cause not enough water aye . Over heat signal didnt come on though . maybe a warning so didnt over heat and now need to hook up to computer to reset sensor (hopefully only that ) thanks for your help and have a great night tonight cheers from new zealand

Found the YDIS 2.0 manual.

http://keysdog.com/YamahaWR/YDIS2%20Manual.pdf

On my ski a "01" means normal but I have a 2011 FXSHO.

Check you have plenty of fuel.

Cheers

Dave

No worries, I have a new Worx racing filter to install but its just too dam hot to go outside so hiding inside today. Will be on the water by the end of the week.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by solid concrete View Post
    Thanks mate yeah checked the above and all good . alarm came on just as about to finish flush so probably cause not enough water aye . Over heat signal didnt come on though . maybe a warning so didnt over heat and now need to hook up to computer to reset sensor (hopefully only that ) thanks for your help and have a great night tonight cheers from new zealand
    Did you have any strap over the back of your ski? I made the mistake of having a strap across the back of my ski when flushing and the reversebucket goes down when you start and hit the strap. I didn’t notice but ski started beeping with warning light. My ski is a VXR, but it might be the same thing on the new FX...

10. +1 by:

+1
    Does the owners manual not list the codes? As the 2019 is all new digital touchscreen dash the codes set may well be different to the older skis (ecu is new too I think)
    wonder if YDIS 2.1 is out?

Thread Information