+1

First time stand up guy - need advice.

Hey guys, I'm interested in buying a Kawasaki sx-r and just need some advice and some direction here. I've never been a stand-up rider but recently we've been riding our friend's Yamaha superjet and we are really interested in getting a stand-up. Most of them have discouraged us against buying an Sx-r because they claim that it's not as playful you can't do as much on it you can't carve as sharp as you could if you had a Yamaha superjet. But to be honest with you I love the free feeling of riding the superjet or SXR and being closer to the water and we are the type that are not going to be out there doing backflips and doing a lot of technical carving and stuff like that and I'm more concerned with my wife who is very athletic but still being able to handle SXR a little better with more stability that the SX-R would have.
    I will be honest with you. I got burnt by Kawasaki back when the Ultras first came out and we had bought two of them and had nothing but problems with the gas in the oil. We sold them shortly after we bought them to a guy in Australia. Having said that, and I'm just putting it out there, I'd like for you guys to tell me what you think about the reliability of the SXR compared to the superjet and how far can you go on a 6 gallon tank with it?

+1
    The Ultra 250 was a disaster, no question about it. The SX-R is not supercharged and the engine has been proven by over a decade of use.

You might read this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276271

+1
    Ride both...then pick your favorite. Your going to get lots of opinions on this topic. Ive had many standups. Currently have the sxr15. Completely different than my Rnsj. Im 6' 215

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mybad View Post
    Ride both...then pick your favorite. Your going to get lots of opinions on this topic. Ive had many standups. Currently have the sxr15. Completely different than my Rnsj. Im 6' 215
    So how far would one be able to go on a full tank, mileage wise?

Also FYI, this thread has a lot of wheat (once you separate the ďchafeĒ
    New sxr 1500 ... any experience ?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260655

We just picked our SXR 1500 up from the dealer yesterday but, I am of NO use in answering your questions, Iíve never been on a standup yet and itíll be another 3 months -AT LEAST- before the water here in Western NC will be warm enough to even think about going overboard (without a wet suit, anyway).

i am pretty sure I (we) will also be getting a SuperJet but, I decided to to get the SXR1500 first.

I imagine either one is quite an investment for most so, Iíd bust my ass trying to score a test run on one or both if I didnít already know I was (am likley) gonna wind up with both ...

Damn, first world problems, eh?

Thread Information