Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Ceramic Washer Failure, Now What?

I would like to start with an apology for what might seem like beating a dead horse but I cannot seem to find the info I need in the sea of threads on this topic.

The story is that I bought a 2007 RXP 215, put about 5 hours on it, and read about the supercharger problem when I was looking for winterization information. I just pulled the supercharger to have it overhauled and, sure enough, one of the washers is missing! By the way, they ski has 129 hours on it and I guess this explains why is only runs in the high 50 mph range on glass. It did run 67 mph the first time I had it out in a light chop...maybe the washer was OK then?

I have read that the debris may have already trashed my engine but I need to know how to proceed from here. I assume the best case is to pull the motor, clean out the pan and check the oil pumps. I know its a long shot, but if they are OK then I assume it might be safe to assume the rest of the motor is OK? Wait, let me backup and just ask my question.

I have lost a ceramic supercharger washer, what now? Are there instructions anywhere online for this, do I need a service manual or other book, if so where should I buy it? Bottom line, I am pretty handy and have worked on plenty of cars and boats but know nothing about the Sea Doo Rotax...guess I will learn a lot this winter.

I greatly appreciate any advise you have to give at this point.

PS - If the engine is salvageable, I plan to have someone rebuild the supercharger, suggestions on the best person to do the work?

+1
    Iím no doo expert but before you spend a dime get the rest of the motor checked the washers break up and go through the engine trashing valves and pistons..... did 07 have the sodium filled valve issues too? If so you may need a head rebuild if no piston damage lots of guides on both topics add your location to get rebuild recommendations I think the recommendations are to rebuild at the SC at 100 hours rather than the 200 hours in the original spec

good luck

+1
    Great channel for tips and info

mail in rebuild service

servi e manuals can be found online in pdf form relatively easily

+1
    Location added, sorry.

Thanks for the videos and I have found the pdf Manual online for a little under $10.00

I plan to tackle the engine work myself and am looking for recommendations on what I should look for from those who have been here before.

I don't know about the valve problem...guess I will do a little research on that too!

+1
    Here's part one of a video series we did on an engine rebuild after a supercharger failure.

+1
    This is where you go for supercharger rebuilds: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Iím no doo expert but before you spend a dime get the rest of the motor checked the washers break up and go through the engine trashing valves and pistons.....
    If it were me, and just shy of tearing into the motor... I'd send one of those small endoscope (USB / smartphone) snake camera's down each sparkplug hole ... the type that have the mirror accessories so you can look back towards the valves.
    Tip: make sure the mirror is attached very very secure - as to not fall onto the piston ( yeah, don't ask !! ).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    If it were me, and just shy of tearing into the motor... I'd send one of those small endoscope (USB / smartphone) snake camera's down each sparkplug hole ... the type that have the mirror accessories so you can look back towards the valves.
    Tip: make sure the mirror is attached very very secure - as to not fall onto the piston ( yeah, don't ask !! ).
    You can buy them on Amazon...they are awesome!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    that wont tell you squat, the washers dont go through the combustion side, they destroy the oil pumps and bearings.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Don't forget to replace the timing chain as well..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information