Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,151
    +1
    225

    1630 ACE rebuild?

    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Wait a minute, I can't use re-sleeving if I want to go past Stage II? I want to build E85, 23#, revin' past 9.5k...
    You sure can, I never said you could not. I personally wonít use a stage 3 on a stock block for longevity reasons (100hrs), thatís just me .

  2. #22
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,878
    +1
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Wait a minute, I can't use re-sleeving if I want to go past Stage II? I want to build E85, 23#, revin' past 9.5k...
    At 8900-9000 rpm you will see 23#, not sure why your targeting 9500 to make 23# with a 142 wheel.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    At 8900-9000 rpm you will see 23#, not sure why your targeting 9500 to make 23# with a 142 wheel.
    Lower pitch for quicker holeshot. Target is not the psi.

  4. #24
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,811
    +1
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Lower pitch for quicker holeshot. Target is not the psi.

    It will bang the limiter on holeshot no matter the pitch, you're just making things worse. With 9500 limiter you're probably going to bounce off 10k.

    There's a reason new models come with launch control.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    It will bang the limiter on holeshot no matter the pitch, you're just making things worse. With 9500 limiter you're probably going to bounce off 10k.

    There's a reason new models come with launch control.
    I'm using a ViPEC.


  6. #26
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,811
    +1
    799
    Launch control is there to stop the impeller from just spinning pointlessly at holeshot. If you reduce pitch you will most likely reduce your holeshot because it will not be "biting".

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Launch control is there to stop the impeller from just spinning pointlessly at holeshot. If you reduce pitch you will most likely reduce your holeshot because it will not be "biting".
    Im not going to pitch too low, but I'm sure it will rev past 9.5k RPM and I want to be on the safe side. If it can be safe revving 10k it will give me some piece of mind. I believe overdoing it on a build is always safe, more margin for any mistakes or hitting the limiter, etc etc.

    I have ViPEC, E85, Walbro 450 LPH FP, RRFR, ID2000 injectors, ET 142, Solas 13/18 (probably repitch to 16 or 17, need to test both) and tuner will play with throttle to help cavitation. If the 13/18 doesn't work out then I will get a twin prop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New ACE 1630 has a maintenance free supercharger?
    By MPower in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM
  2. 1630 Ace oil capacity?
    By Titan_Joe in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 08:47 PM
  3. This is a good read -- 1503 4TEC V 1630 ACE HO
    By 88-jac in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 01:02 PM
  4. maintenance Parts Rotax ACE 1630 HO Engine
    By FAMT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 06:29 PM
  5. New ACE 1630 18psi SC but what kind of fuel pump?
    By hkss in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •