Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's frustrating man, been there done that with the dealer where I bought skis when my 2011s were relatively new and under warranty. After that experience I found a quality shop in Orlando (hour away) that did great work and fast (1-2 weeks for broken cam shaft). Unfortunately that mechanic left to do other stuff, so I pretty much decided at that point that I was going to learn how to do this stuff in my garage/on my own. That decision was made easy because my extended warranty has run out too. Good luck, hope they get you back out there before too much longer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranofwaterfell View Post
    That's frustrating man, been there done that with the dealer where I bought skis when my 2011s were relatively new and under warranty. After that experience I found a quality shop in Orlando (hour away) that did great work and fast (1-2 weeks for broken cam shaft). Unfortunately that mechanic left to do other stuff, so I pretty much decided at that point that I was going to learn how to do this stuff in my garage/on my own. That decision was made easy because my extended warranty has run out too. Good luck, hope they get you back out there before too much longer.
    I had the exact problem with my 310R.....it took them 3 months to repair it....new cylinder and pistons....new blower, exhaust cam, Sold it! Bought a different ski.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    I had the exact problem with my 310R.....it took them 3 months to repair it....new cylinder and pistons....new blower, exhaust cam, Sold it! Bought a different ski.....
    It's too bad kawasaki can't get there shit together!!! It's such a great ski minus the reliability.

Have they fixed your problem? I'm hoping you've had a positive resolution.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kate_brett View Post
    Have they fixed your problem? I'm hoping you've had a positive resolution.
    Yea I've been back on the water for a while, actually going out today.
    The dealer had the ski for 3 months!!! The good news is I have 300 pistons now!!! I've put over 30 hours on the ski since then and not a single issue. Ski runs better than it ever has. Our group has 300 SD's and Yami SVHO's/1800r's. We use to all be dead nuts in a drag race now the kawi gets them out of the hole and all the way til the limiter kicks in. Kawi also extended my warranty to 6 years and gave me a few free services.
    Kawi really tried to stay on the dealer. They next dayed any extra parts that were needed and the reps were great to deal with. Now that I'm back on the water all is good but those three months were really frustrating. I really feel bad for anyone who buys a brand new ski and has to go through this!!!!

6. +1 by:

Good news. Why doesn't Kawasaki just use 300 pistons and save themselves so much grief. Common sense isn't that common. Hopefully a representative from the company has seen your post ; there's a promotion for a young motivated employee who shows initiative ( save the company/dealers a small fortune).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kate_brett View Post
    Good news. Why doesn't Kawasaki just use 300 pistons and save themselves so much grief. Common sense isn't that common. Hopefully a representative from the company has seen your post ; there's a promotion for a young motivated employee who shows initiative ( save the company/dealers a small fortune).
    You would think right!!! They know there is a problem with the 310 pistons that's why the rebuilds get 300 pistons.
    Just imagine how many customer's they are losing because of this issue. None of my friends would buy a 310 after the problems I've had. Combine that with the what's on the internet and the the dealerships telling customer's Kawi's are the least reliable of the three manufacturers. I hear it all the time. If it wasn't for the great rough water hull this outdated ski would be obsolete. Kawi needs the update this ski and make it a reliable platform. Hell they can call me I'll tell them the what to do and I'd do it for free!!!!!!

+1
    Do we know if the piston issue was fixed for 2019?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Well, there is still a "randomness" to this issue that is not completely understood (at least not by me). Not every 310 has a piston issue. So that leads you to "what are all the variables that can cause this"? I have 20 hours my 2015. And 20 hours on the 2017. The hours on the 2017 have been mostly heavier throttle hours, by virtue of where I ride the 2017.

By early next Spring both of these Skis will get to 50+ hours pretty quick. The 2014 310 has over 100 hours on it, so I guess that Ski is immune? We'll see. JB
    I had a 2014 310R....piston failure, head cracked in the combustion chamber...new cylinder and new supercharger.
    Covered under warranty...
    I bought CP pistons they installed them for me.

Good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap View Post
    You would think right!!! They know there is a problem with the 310 pistons that's why the rebuilds get 300 pistons.
    Just imagine how many customer's they are losing because of this issue. None of my friends would buy a 310 after the problems I've had. Combine that with the what's on the internet and the the dealerships telling customer's Kawi's are the least reliable of the three manufacturers. I hear it all the time. If it wasn't for the great rough water hull this outdated ski would be obsolete. Kawi needs the update this ski and make it a reliable platform. Hell they can call me I'll tell them the what to do and I'd do it for free!!!!!!
    wifeys ski is has been in the shop now for a month. Oil in the air box and smoking. They haven’t even touched it yet. She called Kawasaki and basically they said there’s nothing they can do for her. This is the second time for her ski (93 octane fuel and limited) and mine was In for the same thing for 4 months last summer. One is a 16’and one 17’.
    I’m Done with this crap. Kawi can shove it. Told wifey I’m buying a different ski and when hers gets out we will get rid of it.
    I have to keep an 07 seadoo so we have something to ride because one of these will spend much of the summer in the shop.
    Pathetic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information