+1

winterizing 2018 FX SVHOs

I have read every thread I can before posting but I am feeling pretty stupid right now. I decided I was going to fun RV antifreeze through both of them but must be doing something wrong. When you flush these on a hose water comes out the pump and all 3 pissers. When I tried running coolant through it yesterday it was only coming out of the pump. How long would it have needed to run before it gets to the pissers?

+1
    You need to clamp off the inlet hose from the pump, so that nothing flows out of the inlet strainer & just goes around the engine cooling passages, hoses etc.

+1
    Middle one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/line-c...-pc-63596.html on the line from pump to X adapter that that flush port joins to stop it all ruining out the pump also drop bow as low as possible and get as much heigh on antifreeze as possible

+1
    Thank you for the replies. So am I guessing correctly that water goes through the whole system while flushing because of the water pressure of the hose?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    that's right. I have a hanging jug I use for winterizing. Its a good six feet higher then the ski and that was enough to force the rv stuff around nicely.

It holds two gallons normally covers the work. I clamp the pump line for about half the flush and put a tub under the pump to catch most of the mess. I kinda grew to dislike the smell of it over the years

+1
    How about using a pump-up weed sprayer? Most decent ones hold about two gallons. Would need to rig/adapt a ball-valve and hose to the flushing port.

As for the ski, you could consider adding an inline ball valve on the intake coolant line (before the flushing Y connector) - aka "tow tap". Closing this would means the two side tells/pissers, exhaust spray, and the thermostat exits are the only discharges. On that note, why not also kink (or disconnect) the exhaust spray supply - as I see no need to cycle antifreeze through the water box if you ultimately intend to wet-vac it dry.

The clamps identified above are called Hose Pinichers. There's a small and large size pincher. Order them from a place like NAPA. You can use vise grips but the vise grips are heavy and big and damage the hose. Using the tank previously discussed above to fill your engine from the bottom up pinching of hoses at the bottom to the top until it comes out the pisser. I hope your operation manual provides the hose pinching sequence. Once you know the pinching sequence, label the hoses 1, 2, and 3 w/ duct tape for next year. Need two people for the procedure.

Thread Information