Polaris sl780 no fuel

I have just got done taking yhe motor out ans replacing the burnt stator wires and re installing everything .i finally have good spark. All my wores are good but i am not getting fuel amd my ski wont fire .I need help getting fuel. Do i need to prime it somehow or im lost

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Are you sure you re-connected all the fuel hoses to the correct fittings on the carburetors?

You can prime the engine by dribbling a small amount (like maybe a teaspoon or tablespoon) of pre-mixed fuel+oil down the carb throats. Keep your arms clear of the carbs when you attempt to start the engine, lest it backfire. The engine should start and run for a short burst, which will help the fuel pump draw fuel.

You may need to prime the engine two or three times, after which it should have fuel supply from the tank.

If still no fuel flow, recheck all the fuel supply stuff. The fuel tank fittings are marked with very tiny letters. Fuel/water separator lid seal must be 100% good.

Fuel selector valve original? They get old and can leak air.

Also check that the pulse hoses from the crankcase to the carb rack are indeed on the correct nipples.

Click on my signature links for lots more info.

Yes i color coded every line with color zip ties. I know i reconnected everything right .i pulled the motor and put everything back together all within this weekened. I believe you mentioned putting fuel in the carbs to prime .I did not know that .Thats my only problem right now if getting .y whole fuel system primed. If that happens ill be on the water lol

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

Are you sure you re-connected all the fuel hoses to the correct fittings on the carburetors?

You can prime the engine by dribbling a small amount (like maybe a teaspoon or tablespoon) of pre-mixed fuel+oil down the carb throats. Keep your arms clear of the carbs when you attempt to start the engine, lest it backfire. The engine should start and run for a short burst, which will help the fuel pump draw fuel.

You may need to prime the engine two or three times, after which it should have fuel supply from the tank.

If still no fuel flow, recheck all the fuel supply stuff. The fuel tank fittings are marked with very tiny letters. Fuel/water separator lid seal must be 100% good.

Fuel selector valve original? They get old and can leak air.

Also check that the pulse hoses from the crankcase to the carb rack are indeed on the correct nipples.

Click on my signature links for lots more info.

K447 your advice worked. Thank ypu much .i got my system primed amd my ski cranks up great not every time but now my issue is it dont seem to rev out what could this be? I have not water tested yet .

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do all three cylinders get warm when you run it for maybe 20 seconds?

Any red lamp warnings?

If you have MFD display, what problems is it showing?

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Define "rev out"

Thread Information