Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

+1
    Just returned from another long tow with my new trailer
    Went to Daytona the first time..then down to Miami and now went to Panama City..
    I have put around 3000miles now on it and love it.

Pulls behind truck at speeds to 80mph and never know its back there..
    The skis load and launch great..

Very happy with my new Triton Trailer .

Another 2019 Triton WC2 owner, no issue so far

+1
    Would any of you be so kind and measure from the channel the winch slides for and aft to the center bar that runs front to rear and see if both sides are symmetrical? Mine aren't, there's a 3/4" difference between the 2 to the center line of the trailer. Unfortunately the bunk slider channels don't share that difference. Might explain a little bit of why the dealer had one of the skis so cock eyed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoupsguy View Post
    Would any of you be so kind and measure from the channel the winch slides for and aft to the center bar that runs front to rear and see if both sides are symmetrical? Mine aren't, there's a 3/4" difference between the 2 to the center line of the trailer. Unfortunately the bunk slider channels don't share that difference. Might explain a little bit of why the dealer had one of the skis so cock eyed.
    Is this the dimension youre looking for? I adjusted the fore and aft of both winches and also the height to get them aligned where I wanted them. I also adjusted the bunks from side to side so the bow of the jet skis were centered with the winches when winched up. I also centered the bunks between the tines or grooves under the jet skis. They were off quite a bit from the dealership. If you want any other dimensions, let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0699.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	447635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0700.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	447636  
    Last edited by Av8ter; 04-27-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: adding info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8ter View Post
    Is this the dimension youre looking for? I adjusted the fore and aft of both winches and also the height to get them aligned where I wanted them. I also adjusted the bunks from side to side so the bow of the jet skis were centered with the winches when winched up. I also centered the bunks between the tines or grooves under the jet skis. They were off quite a bit from the dealership. If you want any other dimensions, let me know.

Thank you for the effort but no, this is what I am talking about:

Name:	a frame center.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	447679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a frame left.jpg 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	447680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a frame right.jpg 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	447681  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What/where exactly are you measuring from at the end of the measuring tape?
    Thank you for the effort but no, this is what I am talking about:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What/where exactly are you measuring from at the end of the measuring tape?
    The channel that the winch slides for and aft on.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The channel that the winch slides fore and aft on.
    The rail that itself can slide forward and back?

Measure from the center frame to the rail base/mount that is welded to the frame.

I am suspecting that the welded mount is either in the wrong place on one (or both) of the curved rails or the mount is not welded on straight, it should be perfectly parallel to the frame centerline.

If you can unload the PWC off trailer, you can temporarily adjust/slide the rails all the way back, so the rails extend way behind the welded mount. Then measure the rail rear end distances to the center frame.

If the mount is welded on crooked the rail that is angled too close to the center frame when extended out the front will be too far away when extended way back.

+1
    The channel that the winch slides for and aft on.
    Ok, I think I see what youre wanting. I measured from the inboard edge of the left winch rail to the left edge of the center trailer main rail and got 23.5". I then measured from the inboard edge of the right winch rail to the right edge of the center trailer main rail and got 23.75". So mine apparently has a .25" difference. So one jet ski sits out further by .25". No big deal. Yours is a little more off but still not that big of a deal. The main point is that the winch height and bunks are all adjustable to get your skis to sit in the proper location to where they need to be. Like I stated above, when I first bought my trailer and skis, all from the same dealer and all loaded up by them and after getting home, both my winches were sitting too high. The winch rollers were hitting the upper front edge of the jet skis hull well above the bow hook and the bunks were in all different places and when winching up the skis out of the water, they would not align with the centerline of the winch roller. It was off maybe an inch. Plus the little walking path between the skis was too narrow to even use, which meant the skis were too close to each other. So, after lowering the winches and adjusting the bunks to get the jet skis to align centerline of the winch roller and the bunks to ride exactly between the tines under neath, both jet skis pull straight into the middle of the winches and the rollers on the winches now contact the bow hook and not the paint. Both my skis were sitting too close to each other from the factory. Now that they are sitting where they should, the little walking path between the skis opened up quite a bit and is now usable. You just need to spend some time and make adjustments. I did some adjustments while at the lake when the skis were in the water. I then bought this jet ski cradle from ebay and was able to slide the skis on and off the trailer to do more at home. This cradle is awesome. The only thing I didnt like about it, and it wasnt that bad, but it had some fore and aft flex when the ski was sitting on it. So I went to Lowes and bought some metal strap, cut it, bent it, and drilled holes to mount it. Its now very solid. Putting this cradle behind the trailer, I could pull one jet ski off and onto the trailer with no problem, make adjustments, and then winch it back on.

Edit: I went and measure the winch rails to the main trailer center rail to check if it was parallel and both sides were off about .25". So they arent exactly parallel to the main center trailer rail. It would be nice if it was perfect, but again, not that big of a deal. The winch is just a centerpoint of pulling. If your winch height and bunks are adjusted properly, youll be fine.

Edit 2: Something to be mindful of with that jet ski cradle. The bunks on that cradle are aluminum and the carpet is easily pulled back on the ends after a few times of usage, so the corners of the bunk could scratch your hull. So I plan on removing that carpet and putting some thicker tighter weaved carpet that extends about a half an inch longer to prevent the corners from being exposed. Otherwise, a great cradle for the price.

Name:	cradle2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	447682  
    Last edited by Av8ter; 04-29-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information