Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I have nice wc-2 with alu. box and mag wheels, spare wheel, led lights, torsion axel I am going to sell it is in storage now, $1200 firm
    I paid $2300 for my 2018 WC2 brand new so that's a great buy for someone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I have nice wc-2 with alu. box and mag wheels, spare wheel, led lights, torsion axel I am going to sell it is in storage now, $1200 firm
    OUCH! Im up near Morganton and I woulda been all over this if I hadnt just picked up a 2019 model yesterday.

Did I say ouch?

Ouch ... !

+1
    [QUOTE=K447;2994025]Another thing I recommend replacing is the factory blue rollers ... with Stoltz brand orange bow rollers. The Stoltz roller material is far nicer to the hull surface.

Not necessary, but a nice touch, I replaced the skinny black winch strap guide roller with a modified Stoltz keel roller. Much larger diameter and it provides side flanges to keep the strap centered. [QUOTE]

Im putting these on the top of my list, now!

I was shocked to see the 2019 W.C-II Tritons being delivered WITH NO guide roller - then checked my 2018 single and noticed it also had no guide roller ... no bueno ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    I paid $2300 for my 2018 WC2 brand new so that's a great buy for someone.
    Hey trckdrvr, did that $2,300 include the spare and spare carrier?

If so, I overpaid ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ...Not necessary, but a nice touch, I replaced the skinny black winch strap guide roller with a modified Stoltz keel roller. Much larger diameter and it provides side flanges to keep the strap centered.

I think I have posted photos and more details of all these changes in various threads and posts. If you have questions, just ask.

Some of these are from an older Triton trailer I had;
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2190784

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2955965
    One question I have: HOW DID YOU trim the ends off a four inch wide 'keel roller' to fit into the three inch wide space? (In order to, ...provide the flared side flanges which help keep the strap centered.)

i assume you had to take 1/2 off each side (or end) - did you use a hacksaw?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    One question I have: HOW DID YOU trim the ends off a four inch wide 'keel roller' to fit into the three inch wide space? (In order to, ...provide the flared side flanges which help keep the strap centered.)

i assume you had to take 1/2 off each side (or end) - did you use a hacksaw?
    I used 12 inch chop saw, very carefully. With a sharp blade.

Cut slowly, little bit at a time. Do not over heat the roller material. I turned the roller a bit after each partial cut.

And make damn sure the keel roller cannot shift position or otherwise go into orbit while you are cutting.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...m12sd-33969-p/

I imagine a sliding sled work holding jig on a table saw would also do the job.

Miter box with crosscut hand saw might also work.

+1
    Okay, thanks (ha-ha, I have given away 2 separate mitre cut boxes over the course of my last 2 moves (face palm)! I may see if I can find another, ready-size option ... I have to measure as it occurs to me the between-the-uprights , inside width between the two sides of the tower on the new double trailer should be the same 4” as the bow roller ...

In fact, there’re holes for another roller already pre-drilled, under the bow roller.

Im sure I’m missing some items but, so far, the list of items I need to buy in order to either replace Triton trailer factory items or add-on include:

REPLACE Bow eye rollers
    ADD Winch strap (or cable) guide roller (under the bow eye roller
    ADD keel bumper
    REPLACE rear ratchet straps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Hey trckdrvr, did that $2,300 include the spare and spare carrier?

If so, I overpaid ...
    No..$50 for spare mount and $200 for spare tire/wheel

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    No..$50 for spare mount and $200 for spare tire/wheel
    Okay, thanks for the reply - I wish I wasn’t so far from your dealer, he sounds like the kind of guy a long drive would be well worth it! (especially if I could’ve taken both our skis down with us (we only have the one, currently waiting on #2) - the expert help in getting my bunks and the winches, etc. adjusted would’ve been very welcome! Come to think of it, and in case it helps any other members here, I paid $2,450 out the door (incl. taxes) for the 2019 Elite W.C.-II (torsion axle, rear ratchet straps, 13” alum mag wheels, etc.) WITH spare and spare carrier (but, NO toolbox) from the Triton dealer in Denver, NC. Found them through Craigslist (I know but, I was looking for used options and fellow GH member 2fast4u hadn’t posted his awesome deal on his W.C-2 yet (and probably not too far from me, right here in N.C., too, Doh!) I do still have to pay to put N.C. tags on it ... They are really primarily a motorcross shop but, they sell a sh*t ton of Triton trailers in ALL configurations as an extended part of their business and Greg is a very pleasant gent to do business with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information