Help with 4-tec enigine size

Hi all
    bought a 05 rxt with a supposed tied up engine. fellow i bought it off of said he was idling into a marina and it just stopped.
    super charger looks good spins freely so took engine out and tore it down engine block all blued got hotter then hell. bolts sheared off the front magneto/flywheel what ever ya want to call it. so decided on a different motor. question is does anyone know of a chart that shows the EIN and what motor it is. I have the Ein number on my machine and another engine i am wanting to buy. pretty sure mine is a 215 just want to be sure that the one i am looking at is a 215 and not a 185.

off my ski EIN m6246110

other engine Ein m6095303

Was really hoping to be able to find a chart that would tell me motor compared to EIN

any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

+1
    05 rxt is 215 motor. Normally you can tell what it is by the intake manifold if it has a ic in it. No ic means a 185.

problem is the engine i am looking at does not have an intake on it. i have read online the differences between the 185 and 215 cast or forged pistons which would be hard for me to tell and the gear count that drives th e super charger. they said 16 or 17 but again the super charger does not come with this engine. On my engine the gear that drives the SC has 35 teeth and on the other engine i do not know at this point the engine is in Florida im in Ohio but heading down there over the holidays and can verify at that time if this statement was accurate. that is why i was hoping to find out by the ein number.

Thanks for the speedy response.

+1
    The 2005 RXT came with a 215 engine. The 35 tooth gear you're referring to does not drive the SC, that the starter gear. The gear that drives the SC on a 215 has 87 teeth. Its the outer (rearward) gear on the double row flywheel gear.

Thanks for the info ncdoo would you happen to know the tooth count on the 185 your reply has been very helpful

Thanks again

+1

Thread Information