(please help) cavitation on yamaha 760cc

Hello all, a week ago I purchased a jet Jon with a 96 wave runner 760CC. When I bought it it went 40MPH. Yesterday I wrecked on the river turning. Went up on shore. After that the boat starting cavitating real bad at about 20-25 MPH.
    I checked the prop and pump for damage. I saw fishing line and seaweed wrapped around the shaft. I was certain that was the issue. Took it to the lake and still cavitates after removal. Went home pulled the pump. Not a single ding in the prop and the clearance is almost perfect I can't even get a credit card through it. I have another skin so I changed the pump housing tested it. Still the same so then I changed the water intake grate. Still the same! What should I do now guys any help would be awesome!

Seriously no one?

+1
    A credit card is very thick. If you cleared the debris, you have unseen damage, or your clearance is excessive. Spec. Is .010-.020, service limit .024. Or you could have stripped the splines on the shaft and intermediate housing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    A credit card is very thick. If you cleared the debris, you have unseen damage, or your clearance is excessive. Spec. Is .010-.020, service limit .024. Or you could have stripped the splines on the shaft and intermediate housing.
    Well its not a clearance issue. I know that. The prop is perfect . however if the splines were stripped would I be able to even get off the line? It has good power off the line up to 20 mph. Once its on pad it starts to cavitate.

+1
    It would probably pull a little bit. Not sure, I have never ridden one with stripped splines. Did you check clearances with a feeler gauge? Is the felt seal intact?

what's the hull look like in front of the pump?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tondss View Post
    Well its not a clearance issue. I know that. The prop is perfect . however if the splines were stripped would I be able to even get off the line? It has good power off the line up to 20 mph. Once its on pad it starts to cavitate.
    If the splines were stripped it would idle at best

Thread Information